Join us in building the FREE collaborative worldwide family tree.
- Modern family history is only shared with trusted family members. As you go back in time the privacy controls open up.
- Collaboration between distant relatives is kept enjoyable and productive through a simple nine-point Wiki Genealogist Honor Code.
- There are many personal benefits of membership but our common goal is to grow a worldwide tree that's free and accessible to everyone.
Why use WikiTree?Genealogist FAMILY MEMBER
This free project has been growing since 2008. As a community we are creating a single shared family tree using traditional genealogical sources and DNA tests. As individuals we are connecting the tree with our private family histories.Get Started
New & Notable
"It is still amazing to me that I can find such a rich online experience with so many different options available to me... totally FREE. All that is asked of me is that I be responsible to our community with the information that I'm putting up." — Gail Cox
Top 25 family names yesterday, Mar 7, 2014:
- STEIN (85)
- TURNER (59)
- ROMERIO (47)
- JEWETT (42)
- WRIGHT (41)
- JOHNSON (38)
- ANDERSON (36)
- THOMPSON (35)
- SKEGGS (34)
- HALL (34)
- PELLETIER (34)
- CHADWICK (33)
- NEAME (31)
- BROWN (29)
- CHAMARIA (28)
- MCGREW (28)
- BROOKE (27)
- BERGERON_DIT_D_AMBOISE (26)
- ROY_DIT_DESJARDINS (25)
- GURLEY (23)
- PERRY (22)
- GROSSE (22)
- HARRIS (21)
- COLE (21)
- BYRD (21)
Also see the top contributors and surnames for last month.
Latest unanswered questions in the G2G forum:
- What relation exists between the Franks and the Billigs?
- Why is Eley-20 the child of Smyth-47 ?
- Why are baptism dates not recognised in GedMatch?
- who did agnes ann mexted marry to become agnes ann gambitsis
- Looking for Pemberton's from Eastern Kentucky in the 1800's
- was he born in england, blackpool?