Join us in building the FREE collaborative worldwide family tree.
- Modern family history is only shared with trusted family members. As you go back in time the privacy controls open up.
- Collaboration between distant relatives is kept enjoyable and productive through a simple nine-point Wiki Genealogist Honor Code.
- There are many personal benefits of membership but our common goal is to grow a worldwide tree that's free and accessible to everyone.
Why use WikiTree?Genealogist FAMILY MEMBER
This free project has been growing since 2008. As a community we are creating a single shared family tree using traditional genealogical sources and DNA tests. As individuals we are connecting the tree with our private family histories.Get Started
New & Notable
"It is still amazing to me that I can find such a rich online experience with so many different options available to me... totally FREE. All that is asked of me is that I be responsible to our community with the information that I'm putting up." — Gail Cox
Top 25 family names yesterday, Mar 11, 2014:
- SMALL (89)
- SMITH (69)
- RICE (47)
- BREET (46)
- SUMPTER (42)
- HENDERSON (37)
- LAMBERT (32)
- POWELL (31)
- MANN (27)
- VAN_KOUTERIK (26)
- KOOL (23)
- PIETERSE (22)
- WRIGHT (22)
- SURRATT (22)
- ERSKINE (21)
- TAIT (21)
- COLCLOUGH (20)
- CHAMPAGNE (20)
- GAMBRELL (20)
- BIRKLAND (19)
- COY (19)
- LADE (18)
- ROSE (18)
- VEARER (18)
- WILLIAMS (17)
Also see the top contributors and surnames for last month.
Latest unanswered questions in the G2G forum:
- Does anyody have any information on a Jane Evans 1821-1896 who married a John Allen 1816-1880?
- Could the minyard name have been changed from miniard
- How long should it take for profile manager to respond to edits/updates?
- Wortmans from Pennsylvania migrating South
- When attempting to contact a member, what goes in the box labeled "Enter Postscript"
- Does anybody have any information of a Joyce Carr 1603-1644 who married a Robert Carr 1601-1652