Join us in building the FREE collaborative worldwide family tree.
- Modern family history is only shared with trusted family members. As you go back in time the privacy controls open up.
- Collaboration between distant relatives is kept enjoyable and productive through a simple nine-point Wiki Genealogist Honor Code.
- There are many personal benefits of membership but our common goal is to grow a worldwide tree that's free and accessible to everyone.
Why use WikiTree?Genealogist FAMILY MEMBER
This free project has been growing since 2008. As a community we are creating a single shared family tree using traditional genealogical sources and DNA tests. As individuals we are connecting the tree with our private family histories.Get Started
New & Notable
"It is still amazing to me that I can find such a rich online experience with so many different options available to me... totally FREE. All that is asked of me is that I be responsible to our community with the information that I'm putting up." — Gail Cox
Top 25 family names yesterday, Mar 10, 2014:
- BROOKS (134)
- KERR (83)
- BARKER (68)
- PECKENPAUGH (57)
- KOZENY (52)
- THOMPSON (47)
- HOAGLAND (47)
- OTT (45)
- THOMAS (42)
- LACEY (41)
- BAYLY (39)
- MCERVALE (37)
- CHAPPELL (37)
- HOOD (36)
- WRIGHT (36)
- WILLIAMS (34)
- GEISLINGER (34)
- SMITH (33)
- ROWE (33)
- TAYLOR (32)
- COLE (31)
- CATALDO (31)
- SCUDDER (31)
- HALE (30)
- DOWELL (30)
Also see the top contributors and surnames for last month.
Latest unanswered questions in the G2G forum:
- Is a photo of a cemetery desirable?
- Cemetery Categories-Should we be breaking it down into counties rather than under a state or province "umbrella"?
- Looking for Information on Robert Lee Wilson born in 1903 in Indiana.
- Any thing on Jurgen Schneeweiss Kuhn born 1620 in Sweden or Saxon, Germany?
- Does anyone know the ancestory of Jurgen Schneeweiss Kyn also known as Joran Kyn/Keen born in Sweden or Saxon, Germany?
- Categories, naming a city that crosses county borders.