1. William Adams was at Cambridge 1635 or earlier; freeman 22 May 1639; removed prob before 1642 to Ipswich, but at Cambriidge, had William Nathaniel and Samuel (prob b. in England.) (p. 12) Children: Nathaniel Adams, born about 1641 ; Freeman of Massachusetts 27 May, 1674; married 30 June, 1668, Mercy, daughter of Thomas Dickinson of Rowley; died at Ipswich 11 April, 1715; she died(?) 12 December, 1735.(p. 13)
Children, born at Ipswich: (p. 13)Nathaniel, b. 11 July, 1670. Thomas, b. 14 June. 1672. Mercy, b. 1 April, 1674; d. 13 June, 1674. Sarah, b. 19 July, 1675; m. Fairfield. William, b. 29 Juue, 1678; probably d. young. Mercy, b. 18 March, 1680; m. 4 February, 1703, John Smith of Ipswich, who (1.. and she m. secondly 18 September, 1716, Arthur Abbot of Ipswich ; d. 11 September, 1733 ; he d. 16 June, 1767. Samuel, b. 29 June, 1682.
2. Ipswich Marriages
DICKENSON, Mercy, and Nathaniell Addams, June 30, 1668. CTR (p. 133)
ADDAMS, Nathaniell, and Mercy Dickenson, June 30, 1668. CTR (p. 19)
ADDAMS (Adams), Nathaniel, Apr. 11, 1715, in his 73d y. GR1. (p. 477)
ADDAMS: (p. 15)Mercy, d. Nathaniell, Apr. 1, 1674. CTR Marcie, d. Nathaniell, Mar. 18, 1678. CTR Thomas, s. Nathaniell, June 14, 1672. CTR William, s. Nathaniell, June ––, 1678. CTR 
3. New England Marriages
ADAMS, Nathaniel ( -1693+) & Mercy DICKINSON; 30 Jun 1688; Ipswich (p. 5)
4. Burial: Highland Cemetery, Ipswich, Essex, Massachusetts
Nathaniel Adams Death: Apr. 11, 1715, Ipswich
Inscription: Mr. NATHANIEL ADDAMS DIED: APRIL Ye 11 1715 In Ye 74 YEAR OF HIS AGE: NOW HES GON TO ETRNALL REST GOD WIL HIM SAFLY KEEP ALL THOUGH HES BURIED IN YE DUST IN JESUS HE DOST SLEEP. OH YOU HIS CHILDREN THAT ARE LEFT I PRAY. LET SOME BE FOUND THAT DO ENDEAVOUR TO MAKE GOOD YOUR FOREGON, LEADERS GROUND GRAVE SAINT BEHIND THAT CANNOT FIND THY OLD LOVE NIGHT, NOR MORN PRAY LOOK ABOVE FOR THERS YOUR LOVE SINGING WITH YE FIRST BORN
- ↑ Some descendants of William Adams of Ipswich, Mass. by W.S. Appleton.
- ↑ Vital Records of Ipswich, MA to the end of the year 1849
- ↑ New England Marriages Prior to 1700 By Clarence Almon Torrey, Elizabeth Petty Bentley
- ↑ Find A Grave Memorial# 71869469
- ↑ Entered by Chris Hoyt 27 February 2012
- This person was created through the import of Weaver.ged on 03 January 2011.
- Sources: Manuscript, [ Hugh D. Miller, comp. ], Genealogy: Ethel P. Miller/Hugh D. Miller, 1985, copy in possession of Barbara M
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Nathaniel's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Chris Hoyt and Barbara M. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.