== Notice of resolution of ambiguous parentage == This profile has been edited with regard to parents in accordance with principles established by the European Aristocracy user-group. Medieval genealogy is not an exact science, and digital collaborative genealogy must therefore occasionally make choices where old-fashioned print-scholarship did not have to. The parents (or lack of parents) of the person described in this profile were decided upon in consultation with primary sources especially as collected in the Foundation for Medieval Genealogy’s Medieval Lands project.
There is no evidence for the existence of this person as previously linked. Liaison with Carloman the Elder has been removed.
Ben M. Angel notes on September 25, 2010: This individual appears to be based on speculation. My brief analysis follows:
Pepin Le Vieux - FMG doesn't cite a parent (apparently Pepin I is at the edge of the scope of the Medieval Lands research project), but there is a citation under Itta, his wife: 'The Annales Metenses name "matertera ipsius [Pippini]…virgo Domino consecrate Geretrudis" and record that she founded the monastery "in loco…Nivella cum genitrice sua Itaberga". ' English and German Wikipedia cite only Carloman (Karlmann von Landen-Austrasien) as having been mentioned in the Chronicle of Fredigaire, the main biographical source for Pepin Le Vieux.
- Husband: Garibald d' Agilofinges
- Wife: Waldrada di Lombardia
- Child: Gertrude d' Agilofinges
- Relationship to Father: Natural
- Relationship to Mother: Natural
- Date: 562
- Place: Bavaria, Germany
This page has been edited according to Style Standards adopted January 2014. Descriptions of imported gedcoms for this profile are under the Changes tab.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Gertrude's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Roger Travis, Katherine Patterson, Stephen Richard Wilkinson, Steve VanderLeest, Stephen Bridges, and Luis Appletree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On November 21, 2011 at 07:41GMT Aran Stubbs wrote:
On November 21, 2011 at 07:40GMT Aran Stubbs wrote: