Born 1562 in Goldington, Bedford, England.
Richard Allen married Margaret Wyatt (Wyott) on September 24, 1683 at Braunton, Devonshire.
He was buried on 5 Aug 1651 at Braunton, Devon,  and his will was proved on 10 May 1652 in Cambridge, Middlesex, England.
Last Will & Testament
In his will, Richard mentions:
- sons Thomas and Mathew Allinge
- Thomas's daughter Mary
- Mathew's three children: John, Thomas and Mary
- grandchildren Mary Tamling, Elianor Tamling, Obedience Garland, Elizabeth Tamling
- daughter-in-law Elizabeth, wife of son Richard
- grandchildren John Alling and Margaret, children of son Richard
- John Rice of Barnstaple
- Son Richard, to be the executor.
"Richard Allen the elder of Branton in Devon 29 November 1647, proved 10 May 1652. To my son Thomas Allinge five pounds. To my son Mathew Allinge five pounds. To Mary Allinge daughter of son Thomas twenty shillings. I give and bequeath unto my sonn Mathew's three children, to John the sum of twenty shillings, to Thomas, his son, twenty shillings, and to Mary, his daughter, twenty shillings. To my grandchild Mary Tamling five pounds, to my grandchild Elianor Tamling four pounds, to my grandchild Obedience Garland twenty shillings and to my grandchild Elizabeth Tamling twenty shillings. To my daughter in law Elizabeth, wife of my son Richard, twenty shillings in gold to buy her a ring. To my grandchild John Alling, son of my son Richard, three pounds. To my grandchild Margaret, daughter of my son Richard, three pounds. To John Rice of Barnstaple twenty shillings. To the poor of Branton three pounds, to be distributed to their houses within ten days after my decease. To Walter Catt (Cutt?) five shillings. To every servant in my house at the time of my death two shillings sixpence apiece. Son Richard Alling to be executor and residuary legatee. Bowyer, 108.
- Emmett (dau), christened 19 Dec 1584
- Wilmot (dau), chr 9 Jan 1590/1
- Thomas, chr 24 Dec 1597
- Rich, chr 6 May 1601
- Mathew, chr 17 Apr 1605
- Source: S-275 Title: The American Genealogist. (TAG) New Haven, CT: D. L. Jacobus, 1937-. (Online database. AmericanAncestors.org. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2009- .)
- Source: S-274 Title: The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Volumes I-III. (Online database: AmericanAncestors.org, New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2010), (Originally Published as: New England Historic Genealogical Society. Robert Charles Anderson, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Volumes I-III, 3 vols., 1995). At p 41.
- ↑ Francis Olcott Allen, "Allen Family," in NEHGR 51(1896):214, citing Braunton parish records
- ↑ #S264 Douglas Richardson, Allyn and Wyatt Families of Braunton, Devon TAG 57:115-119
- ↑ #S264 TAG 57:115-119
- ↑ #S264 TAG 57:115-119
- ↑ Henry F. Waters, "Genealogical Gleanings in England," NEHGS Register, 50(1896):504-5
- ↑ #S264 TAG 57:115-119, records missing for April-June 15887
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Richard's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.