This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- User ID: CB23B0C4-5BEE-4B63-BBC0-4EEF310C8F01
- Record ID Number: MH:IF11552
- Date: ABT 1046
- Place: NORMANDIE FRANCE
- User ID: 6ACDED61-676C-4ADF-9451-86F127FA97E4
- Record ID Number: MH:IF11553
- Date: UNKNOW
Could not interpret date in Death Date (UNKNOW).
Record ID Number
- Record ID Number: MH:I72
- User ID: 0E0FCACA-C63C-400A-AF00-FAA5CCA8BBE8
- UPD 20 JAN 2011 19:17:16 GMT-8
- Note: Came to England 1066 wiith William 1, and is belived to have fought in battle of Hastings as a knight. The family crest dates to the first crusade in 1099, as is indicated by inclusion of the "Saracen" head atop the crest on coat of arms.This image was symbolic of killing an enemy on this crucade. Is likely that it was his son Robert, who was then 22 years, on crucade. Robert Sr. was then 54 yeas old, a fairly advanced age in those days. We do know that this coate of arms was used by this family for at least 600 years as it was chisled into the entry portal at Winwick Manor ,then family seat again. by Sir Thomas Andrews,of Winwick Knight , around 1635;and still can be seen there today.
- Note: See source referance conformation for first six generations: THE BARONETAGE OF ENGLAND,CP.103, VOL 1, E.KIMBER and R.JOHNSON, 1811. HISTORY OF THE ENGLISH BARONETS, REV. WILLIAM BETHAM, VOL. 1, CHP. 84 ,1801. THE ANDREWS FAMILY, APPENDIX PG.541. ROBERT ANDREWS,1887.
- WikiTree profile Andrewes of Normandy knight-1 created through the import of alfred- 1107202.GED on Jun 11, 2011 by Dick Andrews. See the of Normandy knight-1 Changes page for the details of edits by Dick and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Sir Robert's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.