"From The Complete Peerage, 2nd revised edition, by G.E. Cokayne & Vicary Gibbs, vol 1, p. 181, the line of John ap Adam (Ap-Adam-18) ends with his great grandson John ap Adam (Ap_Adam-30) who is mentioned with his wife Margaret (surname unknown) in 1414-1415. This John died without any issue 20 November 1424, making John Huntley, the son of his sister Elizabeth his heir.
"There is no mention of Clara Powell or two sons William and Roger, as is mentioned in the Wikitree profile, so it would seem that they are either false or members of a different line that has been tacked on to the ap Adam line."
Created through the import of Rodney Timbrook Ancestors and Relatives_2010-09-10.ged on 10 September 2010.Created through the import of HOWE(1).ged on 08 April 2011.
Created through the import of 104-B.ged on 12 September 2010.
Created through the import of Schauman Skinner Tree_2011-05-21.ged on 22 May 2011.
Created through the import of PittsPenn_2010-09-21.ged on 22 September 2010.
John was born about 1345. John Ap Adam ... He passed away about 1400. 
This profile is a collaborative work-in-progress. Can you contribute information or sources?
- ↑ G2G post by John Atkinson, April 5, 2014.
- ↑ First-hand information as remembered by Steven Ringer, Sunday, October 5, 2014. Replace this citation if there is another source.
- Add sources here.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of John's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: John Schmeeckle, Allan Stuart, Steven Ringer, and Adele Schauman. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On October 16, 2014 at 17:46GMT Linda Plummer wrote: