- John Ap Adam's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
"From The Complete Peerage, 2nd revised edition, by G.E. Cokayne & Vicary Gibbs, vol 1, p. 181, the line of John ap Adam (Ap-Adam-18) ends with his great grandson John ap Adam (Ap_Adam-30) who is mentioned with his wife Margaret (surname unknown) in 1414-1415. This John died without any issue 20 November 1424, making John Huntley, the son of his sister Elizabeth his heir.
"There is no mention of Clara Powell or two sons William and Roger, as is mentioned in the Wikitree profile, so it would seem that they are either false or members of a different line that has been tacked on to the ap Adam line."
A possible connection to Powells can be found in some pedigrees which state that John's heir, his sister's son John Huntley, had a daughter named Mary, who married Thomas Parker of Monmouthshire, from whom descends the Powells of Llanllowell, near Uske in Monmouthshire.
- ↑ G2G post by John Atkinson, April 5, 2014.
- ↑ "Dursley and its Neighbourhood" by John Henry Blunt (1877) https://archive.org/stream/dursleyanditsne00blungoog#page/n132/mode/2up
Created through the import of Rodney Timbrook Ancestors and Relatives_2010-09-10.ged on 10 September 2010.Created through the import of HOWE(1).ged on 08 April 2011.
Created through the import of 104-B.ged on 12 September 2010.
Created through the import of Schauman Skinner Tree_2011-05-21.ged on 22 May 2011.
Created through the import of PittsPenn_2010-09-21.ged on 22 September 2010.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of John's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Allan Stuart, John Schmeeckle, and Steven Ringer. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On May 14, 2016 at 14:14GMT Andrew Lancaster wrote:
On October 16, 2014 at 17:46GMT Linda Plummer wrote:
John is 24 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 29 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 40 degrees from Gene Kelly, 31 degrees from Bram Stoker and 25 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.