- Rhys ap Hywel's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Cymru 742-1535.
Rhys ap Hywel was born in about 1200, in Glasbury, Breconshire, Wales, probably in Aberllynf. He was the son of Hywel ap Trahaearn ap Gwgon ap Bleddyn ap Maenyrch and his wife Gwenllian ferch Rhys ap Bledri Latimer ap Cydifor Fawr, and of the tribe of Bleddyn ap Maenyrch.
He married Catrin ferch Gruffudd "Gwyr", and they had four children:
- Einion "Sais" ap Rhys, b. Abt 1230, of, Pen-pont, Llansbyddyd, Breconshire, Wales, d. Aft 1271 (Age ~ 42 years); m1. Unknown; m2. Lleucu ferch Hywel; m3. Gwenllian ferch Hywel
- Dafydd ap Rhys, b. Abt 1230, of, Aberllynfi, Breconshire, Wales; m1. Gwenllian ferch Hywel "Felyn"; m2. Catrin ferch Hywel
- Hywel "Morgannwg" ap Rhys, b. Abt 1230, of, Aberllynfi, Breconshire, Wales
- Gruffudd ap Rhys, b. Abt 1270, of, Aberllynfi, Breconshire, Wales; m. had issue
- ↑ Source: Ancestry Family Trees Record for Catrin Verch Gruffudd Record for Rhys Ap Hywel Record for Dafydd Ap Rhys
- Carl Boyer, 3rd. Medieval Welsh Ancestors of Certain Americans. Santa Clarita, CA: n.p., 2004. [ ] , page 40</ref>
- Profile added by Greg Rose, Tuesday, December 31, 2013.
- This person was created through the import of David Rentschler Family Tree_2010-09-30.ged on 01 October 2010.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Rhys's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Vic Watt and David Rentschler. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.