Categories: Cymru 742-1535.
Name and Parentage
Morgan ap Jenkin was born about 1400 and died about 1472.
- Morgan /Ap Jenkin/
Morgan ap Jankyn, Esq. married twice:
- Elsbeth daughter of Roger Vachan o Frodorddyn (Herefordshire)
- Jowan daughter and heir of David Mathew "hynaf o Raddyr" Esq.
He died in 1472. (Age: 35-36)
The following children are shown in WikiTree. The last name at birth for the males needs to be corrected to "ap Morgan" and for females, "ferch Morgan."
- Margery (Jenkin) Kermeys
- Cecily Verch (Morgan) Vaughan
- Thomas ap Morgan
- John (Morgan) Ap Morgan
- Anne Verch (Morgan) Baskerville
- Sybil (Morgan) St John
- ↑ from ap Jenkin-12
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Lewys Dwnn's Heraldic visitations of Wales and part of the Marches, between the years 1586 and 1613, page 219
- ↑ Source: #S004444
- ↑ Godwin 8, Godwin 5, and Cydifor Fawr 16 (charts posted by The Bartrum Project)
- Lewys Dwnn, Heraldic visitations of Wales and part of the Marches, between the years 1586 and 1613; p. 37. ed. with notes by Samuel Rush Meyrick (Google eBook). Samuel Rush Meyrick. William Rees, 1846,
- Jones, Theophilus; A History of the County of Brecknock: : in two volumes : containing the chorography, general history, religion, laws, customs, manners, language and system of agriculture used in that county. pp. 500-5; Publisher: Brecknock. Printed and sold by Wm. & Geo. North ... for the author ; and sold by J. Booth ... London., 1805-1809.
- The Bartrum Project (digitization of "Welsh Genealogies AD 300- 1500" by Peter C. Bartrum)
- Ancestry Family Tree
- S004444: Ancestry Family Trees. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members.
- Ancestry Family Trees. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members.
- Genealogy worksheets compiled by Ralph Pryor during his 40 years of research, traveling extensively in the military and in retirement. Entered by Greg Rose, Grandson.
- Ancestral File Number: 922L-C1. Ancestral File (R) Title: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Copyright (c) 1987, June 1998, data as of 5 January 1998
- The WikiTree profile ap Jenkin-12 was entered by Tim Perry, Wednesday, May 28, 2014. (No sources given.)
- A WikiTree profile for this person was created through the import of greenwald-millerGEDCOM.ged on 27 September 2010.
- Click the Changes tab to see edits to this profile (and click WikiTree IDs other than ap Jenkin-12 to see contributions to other profiles before being merged into this one).
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Morgan by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Terry Wright, Michelle Brooks, Katherine Patterson, Kathryn Greenwald, and Ted Williams. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 9 Aug 2015 at 18:30 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
Ap Jenkyn-2 and Ap Jenkin-12 appear to represent the same person because: Hi! I just proposed a merge of duplicate profiles for his dad, so these should be merged too. I asked that ap Jenkin-12 be protected because it had the lowercase "ap" instead of "Ap". If you feel strongly that the profile should be ap Jenkyn instead of ap Jenkin, please postpone this merge (instead of completing it). I've seen nothing that would argue one over the other, so either way. Just let me know, and change the name of Ap Jenkyn to ap Jenkin (I'm not a profile manager of either profile, so I can't change the LNAB), & we can get PPP switched from ap Jenkin-12 to the new name. Thanks!
On 7 Aug 2015 at 07:57 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
On 7 Aug 2015 at 07:53 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
Morgan is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 21 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 23 degrees from Michael Phelps, 23 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.