Daughter of Richard Argall and Mary Scott, Elizabeth descended from William I, the Conqueror, and the Plantagenant Kings of England & France (Eleanor of Aquitaine & Henry II). She was also known as "Elizabeth Scott Argall" and was born in Scotts Hall, Kent, England.
- WILL OF DAME ELIZABETH FILMER, LATE WIFE OF SIR EDWARD FILMER, KNIGHT. WILL DATED 23 MARCH 1635/ CODICIL 2 AUGUST 1638; PROVED 16 AUGUST 1638.
- Body to Church of East Sutton beside the body of late husband. To the poor of East Sutton, L 5. DAME ANNE FILMER, wife of my son SIR ROBERT FILMER, my jewel with diamonds and pearls. To ELIZABETH FILMER, their daughter and SARAH FILMER, my daughter, my four ropes of pearls containing 600 in number equally between them. EDWARD FILMER, eldest son of my son, Sir ROBERT, a Portuguse piece of gold and a piece of gold of King HENRY VII coinage, both of which were his Great Grandfather's. To the two youngest sons of my son Sir ROBERT, viz; ROBERT and SAMUEL, 40 shillings apiece. To ANNE, the youngestdaughter of Sir ROBERT, 40 shillings.
- To my daughter, KATHERINE BARHAM, L 10. To her eldest daughter ELIZABETH BARHAM, L 300 when 21, or married. If she died before then said L 300 to ELIZABETH and ANNE FILMER, daughters of my son, REGINALD FILMER. SUSAN and ANNE BARHAM, two daughters of my said daughter, KATHERINE, 40 shillings apiece.
- DAUGHTER, ELIZABETH FAULCONER, L 10. DAUGHTER, SARAH FILMER, L 10. Son-in-law, ROBERT BARHAM, my biggest ring. To his son, THOMAS, L 10 at 24 and to each of his other sons, EDWARD, ROBERT, CHARLES, RICHARD, & JOHN, 40 shillings. To his daughters, 40 shillings each. Daughter-in-law, JANE, wife of my son, Reginold, L 10. To her daughters, ELIZABETH and ANN FILMER, 40 shillings each. SON, SIR ROBERT FILMER, my silver warming pans. My son, JOHN, L 10. Son, HENRY, L 10. Son, REGINOLD, my lease of three tenements in Knightrider Street, London. Son-in-law, WILLIAM FAULCONER, Draper, 40 shillings. My brother, JOHN ARGALL, ESQ. a gold ring. My sister, DAME JANE FLETWOOD, a piece of Queen ELIZABETHS coyne. Sister, DAME SARAH JENKINSON, a like piece of gold of Queen ELIZABETHS coyne. ELIZABETH PEERSON, widow, 40 shillings. Each of my manservants, 10 shillings. ELIZABETH FRYDE, my apprentice, 40 shillings. Residue to my son, EDWARD FILMER, sole EXECUTOR.
- Published August 2, 1638 - Wa. RETROVICK< Scrivener.
- DAME ELIZABETH FILMER willeth that her three houses in Knighrider Street (now that her son, REGINOLD FILMER is deceased) shall be disposed of as follows: L 30 of the first years rent to JANE, late wife of said REGINOLD and after the decease of testrix to the use of her executor, he paying to ELIZABETH FAULCONER daughter of DAME ELIZABETH FILMER and wife of WILLIAM FAULCONER, L 10. Whereas DAME ELIZABETH FILMER had bequethed to ELIZABETH, daughter of ROBERT BARHAM, Gentleman, a competent porcion, her will is that L 50 of the said legacy in case said ELIZABETH depart this life before attaining 18 years shall be divided equally between the two daughters of said REGINOLD and lastly, DAME ELIZABETH FILMER willeth to SUSAN BARHAM L 50 a peece(sic) memorandum the legacy L 50 to SUSAN and ANNE BARHAM were enterliyned before the signing hereof.
- Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd edition 2011, Vol II page 165
- Elizabeth Argall from Order of the crown of Charlemagne, Compiler: Tracy Ashley Crocker, Lineages Submitted by Members of OCC who are proud descendants of Charlemagne. Data Entry: Tracy Ashley Crocker and Richard Dennis Souther using:
- Douglas Richardson, compiler, Plantagenet Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, p. 311. (Baltimore, MD: GPC, 2004).
- "Janet's Genealogy" for Thomas Faulkner on freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com
- Pedigrees with Index of London Citizens, abt. 1600-1800 (filmed 1954), Boyd, Percival, compiler, (Microfilm copy of manuscripts at Somerset House, London. Salt Lake City, Utah: Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1954), FHL microfilms 94,515-94,593., vol. 92 no. 9405 & 9406, FHL microfilm 94549.
Argall-4 was created through the import of LaBach Family TreeApril28_2011.ged on 05 May 2011; adopted by Bairfield-1 14:30, 27 January 2014 (EST). This person was created through the import of Holmes.ged on 20 May 2011. Daivd Barnhardt, Liisa Small.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Elizabeth's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Chet Snow, Michelle Brooks, and Daivd Barnhardt. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.