- Roland Arsenault's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Acadians | Acadians Project | WikiTree Apps Project | Profile Improvement Project | Bouctouche, Nouveau-Brunswick | Cocagne, Nouveau-Brunswick | WikiTree Leaders | Computer Scientists | Michel Richard Interest Group | Fr | En-4 | Pt-1.
|This person is an Acadian.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Acadians Project!
|Search user languages|
Seeking adventure, he joined the local Royal Canadian Air Cadet squadron #763 during high school where he obtained both a glider pilot's license and a private pilots license.
After graduating from l'École Polyvalente Clément Cormier in 1992, he studied a year at le Collège militaire royal de Saint-Jean followed by a year at l'Université de Moncton before spending a few more years at the University of New Brunswick where he received a Bachelors degree in Computer Science.
In 2000, he moved to New Hampshire to accept a position with the University of New Hampshire's Center for Coastal and Ocean Mapping working with data visualization. There, he got to travel the world as he participated in numerous research expeditions taking him to exotic locations such as Antarctica and the North Pole.
Roland and Christiana were married November 20, 2002 in Dover, New Hampshire.
Roland got his first taste of family history research in about 2010 when he decided to see if he could find evidence online to support his father's claim that Roland's grand father Gérard and famous Acadian author Antonine Maillet are first cousins. Well, it turns out they are, and that experience got him hooked.
- wikitree-tools Python scripts for working with downloaded gedcom data. Also thinking about a wikitree API.
- My whole tree as of Oct 2nd, 2012
In 2006, Roland purchased his first motorcycle, a 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250, in order to save on gas and have an easier time parking at work. The theory was that it would pay for itself in 2 years just in gas savings alone.
The following year, in May 2007, he decided to try a track day with Tony's Track Days where he could ride his motorcycle on New Hampshire Motor Speedway's (NHMS) road course in Loudon, New Hampshire. That's all it took to get addicted to track riding and needless to say, the bike never paid itself off.
Since that first taste of the track, Roland has acquire a 1995 Honda RS125 purpose built race bike which he competes with in the Loudon Road Racing Series and the Unites States Classic Racing Association. He picked #763, his former Royal Canadian Air Cadet squadron number, as his race number.
- Started racing in August 2009 as a novice with the Loudon Road Racing Series (LRRS) and won in his first ever race! 
- in 2010, competed in his first race outside his home track with the Atlantic Roadracing League (ARL) at Atlantic Motorsport Park (AMP) in Shubenacadie, Nova Scotia.
- Raced his Ninja 250 for the first time in July 2011 with ARL at AMP, finishing 2nd for his first podium away from his home track.
- In August 2012, competed in his first endurance race and won the 2012 Big Fish Small Pond 3 hour race, hosted by the Unites States Classic Racing Association (USCRA). Team mates piloting the RS125 were Paul Duval, Shawn Spear and Jake Vader. Crew chief was Jeff Vader.
- In May 2013, started racing his Ninja 250 for the first time at NHMS. This was also the kickoff event of his first full year racing with the USCRA and Roland took the checkered flag on both the Ninja 250 and the RS125. This was his first ever win on the Ninja 250 and his first solo race win on the RS125 with the USCRA.
- Won his second consecutive Big Fish Small Pond title in June 2013. The same team from 2012 was reassembled for this event, but with Shawn Spear on the sideline due to an injury.
- Won his first race as an Amateur with LRRS taking home the Amateur 125GP trophy at the 90th running of the Loudon Classic in June 2013.
- Finished his first USCRA race season in September 2013 as the Modern 125 champion on the RS125 and the Period IV Formula Middleweight champion on the Ninja 250.
- Ended the 2013 LRRS season with his second Amateur win on the RS125 during the 7th round in October 2013.
- Won the 2014 Amateur Ultralight Superbike and Lightweight Sportsman championships on the RS125 with LRRS. Also finished 3rd in the overall amateur championship. 
- ↑ http://www.lrrsracing.com/results/2009/0822232009/Sat8.pdf
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 http://www.race-uscra.com/results.html
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 http://www.nhms.com/events/lrrs/#tablrrsresults
- ↑ http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/greenwood-wins-middleweight-gp-at-nhms-doucette-takes-2014-lrrs-overall-championship/
- Roland's formal name
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (5)
- private siblings' names
- spouse's name and marriage information
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
Roland Arsenault's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Roland or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Roland Arsenault - Family Tree DNA yDNA 37 markers
Family Tree DNA kit N109286
- Roland Arsenault - Family Tree DNA mtDNA Full Sequence
Family Tree DNA kit N109286
- Roland Arsenault - 23andMe
GEDMatch ID M103142
- Alvin Arsenault - 23andMe
GEDMatch ID M513727
- Doris Arsenault - 23andMe
GEDMatch ID M092851
- Roland Arsenault - AncestryDNA
GEDMatch ID A118678
Ancestry.com member rolker
- Gérard Arsenault - AncestryDNA
GEDMatch ID A418688
- Thérese Gaudet - AncestryDNA
GEDMatch ID A354105
- Irma Gaudet - AncestryDNA
GEDMatch ID A332931
- Susan Maillet - AncestryDNA
GEDMatch ID A455829
Ancestry.com member Susan_Maillet
- Roland Arsenault - Family Tree DNA Family Finder
GEDMatch ID FN10928
Family Tree DNA kit N109286
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Roland. (Best for comments to Roland that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Roland that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On May 29, 2015 at 10:40GMT Keith Hathaway wrote:
Dale Byers is hosting the Weekend Chat today.
We need support from each member of the Integrators team (we need you)!
PLEASE go to the current Weekend Chat and help boost it's G2G stats by clicking to up-vote the original post as well as every single answer given (unless you are in complete disagreement).
Provide your own "answer" to the post, and as many comments as you see fit.
We're counting on each other to help make this project a success... Hope to see you there!
On May 22, 2015 at 03:41GMT Keith Hathaway wrote:
I created a page to welcome new Integrators into the project in preparation for some upcoming recruiting efforts. Would you please take a look at it and tell me what you think? Any input you are willing to share would be helpful:
If any of the new Tasks listed on the project page interest you please let me know. We especially need to confirm someone who is willing to take basic profiles created by Integrators and bring them up to par with the Styles and Standards guidelines, and we need a Project Coordinator.
Thank you so much for your support, I will make you proud!
- Keith Hathaway
On May 20, 2015 at 23:01GMT Barbara Jean Duren wrote:
On April 6, 2015 at 01:11GMT Martha Leger wrote:
On April 1, 2015 at 22:10GMT Guy Constantineau wrote:
I noticed your new Club 100 badge.
Keep up the nice work,
On March 16, 2015 at 21:51GMT Vic Watt wrote:
On March 12, 2015 at 19:06GMT Jacqueline Girouard wrote:
On January 1, 2015 at 16:09GMT Shasta Gaither wrote:
On November 15, 2014 at 14:54GMT Jacqueline Girouard wrote:
On October 9, 2014 at 01:55GMT Susan Maillet wrote: