- Roland Arsenault's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Acadians | Acadians Project | WikiTree Apps Project | Profile Improvement Project | Bouctouche, Nouveau-Brunswick | Cocagne, Nouveau-Brunswick | WikiTree Leaders | Computer Scientists | Michel Richard Interest Group | Fr | En-4 | Pt-1.
|This person is an Acadian.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Acadians Project!
|Search user languages|
Seeking adventure, he joined the local Royal Canadian Air Cadet squadron #763 during high school where he obtained both a glider pilot's license and a private pilots license.
After graduating from l'École Polyvalente Clément Cormier in 1992, he studied a year at le Collège militaire royal de Saint-Jean followed by a year at l'Université de Moncton before spending a few more years at the University of New Brunswick where he received a Bachelors degree in Computer Science.
In 2000, he moved to New Hampshire to accept a position with the University of New Hampshire's Center for Coastal and Ocean Mapping working with data visualization. There, he got to travel the world as he participated in numerous research expeditions taking him to exotic locations such as Antarctica and the North Pole.
Roland got his first taste of family history research in about 2010 when he decided to see if he could find evidence online to support his father's claim that Roland's grand father Gérard and famous Acadian author Antonine Maillet are first cousins. Well, it turns out they are, and that experience got him hooked.
- wikitree-tools Python scripts for working with downloaded gedcom data. Also thinking about a wikitree API.
- My whole tree as of Oct 2nd, 2012
In 2006, Roland purchased his first motorcycle, a 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250, in order to save on gas and have an easier time parking at work. The theory was that it would pay for itself in 2 years just in gas savings alone.
The following year, in May 2007, he decided to try a track day with Tony's Track Days where he could ride his motorcycle on New Hampshire Motor Speedway's (NHMS) road course in Loudon, New Hampshire. That's all it took to get addicted to track riding and needless to say, the bike never paid itself off.
Since that first taste of the track, Roland has acquire a 1995 Honda RS125 purpose built race bike which he competes with in the Loudon Road Racing Series and the Unites States Classic Racing Association. He picked #763, his former Royal Canadian Air Cadet squadron number, as his race number.
- Started racing in August 2009 as a novice with the Loudon Road Racing Series (LRRS) and won in his first ever race! 
- in 2010, competed in his first race outside his home track with the Atlantic Roadracing League (ARL) at Atlantic Motorsport Park (AMP) in Shubenacadie, Nova Scotia.
- Raced his Ninja 250 for the first time in July 2011 with ARL at AMP, finishing 2nd for his first podium away from his home track.
- In August 2012, competed in his first endurance race and won the 2012 Big Fish Small Pond 3 hour race, hosted by the Unites States Classic Racing Association (USCRA). Team mates piloting the RS125 were Paul Duval, Shawn Spear and Jake Vader. Crew chief was Jeff Vader.
- In May 2013, started racing his Ninja 250 for the first time at NHMS. This was also the kickoff event of his first full year racing with the USCRA and Roland took the checkered flag on both the Ninja 250 and the RS125. This was his first ever win on the Ninja 250 and his first solo race win on the RS125 with the USCRA.
- Won his second consecutive Big Fish Small Pond title in June 2013. The same team from 2012 was reassembled for this event, but with Shawn Spear on the sideline due to an injury.
- Won his first race as an Amateur with LRRS taking home the Amateur 125GP trophy at the 90th running of the Loudon Classic in June 2013.
- Finished his first USCRA race season in September 2013 as the Modern 125 champion on the RS125 and the Period IV Formula Middleweight champion on the Ninja 250.
- Ended the 2013 LRRS season with his second Amateur win on the RS125 during the 7th round in October 2013.
- Won the 2014 Amateur Ultralight Superbike and Lightweight Sportsman championships on the RS125 with LRRS. Also finished 3rd in the overall amateur championship. 
- ↑ http://www.lrrsracing.com/results/2009/0822232009/Sat8.pdf
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 http://www.race-uscra.com/results.html
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 http://www.nhms.com/events/lrrs/#tablrrsresults
- ↑ http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/greenwood-wins-middleweight-gp-at-nhms-doucette-takes-2014-lrrs-overall-championship/
- Roland's formal name
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (5)
- private siblings' names
- spouse's name and marriage information
Roland is a Wiki Genealogist following these tags:
Roland Arsenault's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Roland or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Roland Arsenault: Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 37 markers, haplogroup R-L165, Ysearch 23GQT, FTDNA kit #N109286
- Roland Arsenault: Family Tree DNA mtDNA Test Full Sequence, haplogroup H4a1, Mitosearch 23GQT, FTDNA kit #N109286
- Denis Leger : Family Tree DNA mtDNA Test HVR1 and HVR2, haplogroup H, Mitosearch C152T, FTDNA kit #365345
- Roland Arsenault: 23andMe, GEDMatch M103142 + AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A118678, Ancestry member rolker + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch FN10928, FTDNA kit #N109286
- Alvin Arsenault : 23andMe, GEDMatch M513727
- Doris (Saulnier) Arsenault : 23andMe, GEDMatch M092851
- Gérard Arsenault : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A418688
- Thérese Gaudet : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A354105
- Irma Gaudet : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A332931
- Susan Maillet : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A455829, Ancestry member Susan_Maillet
- Tonia (Maillet) Highwood : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member toniamaillethighwood
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Roland. (Best for comments to Roland that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Roland that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On June 15, 2016 at 07:09GMT Dave Rutherford wrote:
I contacted Don Gallant, as he has created a number of duplicates to profiles on your project. This - http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Hache_Dit_Gallant-31 is a duplicate of a PPP. I told him to contact the project and get these profiles merged.
Dave - WikiTree Ranger
On June 14, 2016 at 00:35GMT Don Gallant wrote:
On June 11, 2016 at 18:06GMT John Nash wrote:
Could you please add me to Acadian Project for my tag DOUCET and BOUCHER
On June 9, 2016 at 22:05GMT Maria Goguen wrote:
On June 9, 2016 at 03:49GMT Jacqueline Girouard wrote:
On June 7, 2016 at 22:27GMT Michael Byers wrote:
On May 31, 2016 at 18:47GMT David Basque wrote:
On May 31, 2016 at 12:12GMT Bill Debuque wrote:
On May 30, 2016 at 04:14GMT Summer Orman wrote:
On May 17, 2016 at 22:49GMT John Dumas wrote:
If I may, could I have the Acadian badge?