- Richard Barnum's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Barnum Name Study.
|This profile is part of the Barnum One Name Study|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the One Name Studies Project!
Richard Barnum, born April 15, 1675 Norwalk, Fairfield, Connecticut Colony, was the sixth child (third son) of Thomas Barnum, Sr. He was the fourth deacon of the church at Danbury and represented that town as a member of the Colonial Legislature. His will, dated January 14, 1739, mentions five sons and a grandson (the son of his son Joseph, deceased).
The Barnum Family gives his birth year erroneously as 1687.
- Barnum, Eben Lewis. & Barnum, Francis. Genealogical Record of the Barnum Family Presenting a Conspectus of the Male Descendants of Thomas Barnum, 1625-1695 (Meals Printing Company, Gardner, Mass., 1912)
- Savage, Mary Tisdale, Savage, Tisdale and Allied Families, Genealogical and Biographical (New York, NY: American Historical Society, 1926)
- Hughes, Thomas P. and Frank Munsell, American Ancestry: Giving Name and Descent, in the Male Line, of Americans Whose Ancestors Settled in the United States Previous to the Declaration of Independence, A.D. 1776, 12 volumes. (Albany, NY: Munsell, 1887-89)
- Cutter, William Richard. Genealogical and Family History of Southern New York and the Hudson River (Lewis Historical Publishing Company, 1913) Vol. 1, Page 506
- Savage, James. A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England (Boston, Little, Brown and Company, 1862)
- Barnum, Noah G, The Barnum Family, 1350-1907 (Albion, NY: Privately Printed, 1907)
- Cutter, William Richard. New England Families, Genealogical and Memorial (Baltimore, Maryland: Clearfield Company, 1913)
- American Genealogical-Biographical Index, Godfrey Memorial Library, Middletown, CT, USA, Volume: 09 Page Number: 509, Reference: Gen. Column of the Boston Evening Transcript. 1906-1941: Oct 9, 1933, 7237, Birth Date: 1675, Birthplace: Connecticut
- Torrey, Clarence Almon. Torrey’s New England Marriages Prior to 1700 (Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. Baltimore, 1985)
- Barnum, Richard (?1675-1739?) & Mary [Hurd] (?1673-); b1701; Danbury, CT, Name: Richard Barnum, Gender: Male, Birth Year: About 1675, Marriage Date: About 1701, Death Year: About 1739, Marriage Place: New England, United States, Spouse's Name: Mary Hurd
- Ancestry Family Trees
- Birth: 1675 Connecticut
- Birth: 1675 Norwalk, Fairfield, CT, USA
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Richard by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Patrick Barnum - Family Tree DNA yDNA 111 markers
Family Tree DNA kit 63407
- Dick Barnum - Family Tree DNA yDNA 67 markers
Family Tree DNA kit 118801
- William Barnum - Family Tree DNA yDNA 67 markers
Family Tree DNA kit 148467
- Patrick Barnum - Other yDNA 12000 markers
- Joan (Greene) Pierpont - 23andMe
GEDMatch ID M390794
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Rick Pierpont and Cynthia Castain. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On October 13, 2015 at 19:59GMT Ted Phillips wrote:
Richard is 14 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 21 degrees from Frank Russell Capra, 19 degrees from Mark Hamill, 21 degrees from AJ Jacobs and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.