- Richard Barnum's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
|This profile is part of the Barnum One Name Study|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the One Name Studies Project!
Richard Barnum, born April 15, 1675 Norwalk, Fairfield, Connecticut Colony, was the sixth child (third son) of Thomas Barnum, Sr. He was the fourth deacon of the church at Danbury and represented that town as a member of the Colonial Legislature. His will, dated January 14, 1739, mentions five sons and a grandson (the son of his son Joseph, deceased).
The Barnum Family gives his birth year erroneously as 1687.
- Barnum, Eben Lewis and Fr. Francis Barnum, SJ, Genealogical Record of the Barnum Family, Presenting a Conspectus of the Male Descendants of Thomas Barnum 1625-1695 (Gardner, MA: Meals Printing Co., 1912)
- Savage, Mary Tisdale, Savage, Tisdale and Allied Families, Genealogical and Biographical (New York, NY: American Historical Society, 1926)
- Hughes, Thomas P. and Frank Munsell, American Ancestry: Giving Name and Descent, in the Male Line, of Americans Whose Ancestors Settled in the United States Previous to the Declaration of Independence, A.D. 1776, 12 volumes. (Albany, NY: Munsell, 1887-89)
- Cutter, William Richard, ed., Genealogical and Family History of Southern New York and the Hudson River Valley; a Record of the Achievements of Her People in the Making of a Commonwealth and the Building of a Nation (New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company, 1913), p. 506
- Savage, James A., A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England, Showing Three Generations of Those Who Came Before May, 1692, on the Basis of Farmer's Register, 4 volumes (Baltimore, MD: Genealogical Publishing Co, Inc., 1890-1892)
- Barnum, Noah G, The Barnum Family, 1350-1907 (Albion, NY: Privately Printed, 1907)
- Cutter, William Richard, ed., New England Families, Genealogical and Memorial; a Record of the Achievements of Her People in the Making of Commonwealths and the Founding of a Nation, 4 volumes. (New York, NY: Lewis Historical Publishing Co., 1911)
- Information provided by Duane E. Howard, RD1, Box 60, Markleton, PA 15551; 1994
- Information provided by Dayonne Beisel Barnum, email@example.com
- Information provided by Hal Bradley, firstname.lastname@example.org
- S327 American_Genealogical-Biographical_Index, Volume: 09 Page Number: 509, Reference: Gen. Column of the " Boston Transcript". 1906-1941: Oct 9, 1933, 7237, Birth Date: 1675, Birthplace: Connecticut
- New England Marriages Prior to 1700, Barnum, Richard (?1675-1739?) & Mary [Hurd] (?1673-); b1701; Danbury, CT, Name: Richard Barnum, Gender: Male, Birth Year: About 1675, Marriage Date: About 1701, Death Year: About 1739, Marriage Place: New England, United States, Spouse's Name: Mary Hurd
- ↑ #S-2028016143: http://trees.ancestry.com/rd?f=sse&db=agbi&h=241985&ti=0&indiv=try&gss=pt Birth date: 1675 Birth place: Connecticut
- ↑ #S-2028016127: http://trees.ancestry.com/rd?f=sse&db=genepoolb&h=275308&ti=0&indiv=try&gss=pt Birth date: 1675 Birth place: Norwalk, Fairfield, CT, USA
- WikiTree profile Barnum-130 created through the import of WikiTree input from Ancestry.ged on Jun 23, 2011 by Cynthia Nicholson.
- WikiTree profile Barnum-178 created through the import of ELA.ged on Mar 23, 2013.
- Edited and expanded on 5 November 2014 by Patrick Barnum
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Richard by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Patrick Barnum - Family Tree DNA yDNA 111 markers
Family Tree DNA kit 63407
- Dick Barnum - Family Tree DNA yDNA 67 markers
Family Tree DNA kit 118801
- William Barnum - Family Tree DNA yDNA 67 markers
Family Tree DNA kit 148467
- Patrick Barnum - Other yDNA 12000 markers
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Rick Pierpont and Cynthia Castain. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.