- David Barron's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This person was created through the import of Shortened files.ged on 30 December 2010. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Note: @N5180@
- @N5180@ NOTE
- He was celebrated as the oldest man to have lived in Geneva NY.
- From the HISTORY OF ONTARIO COUNTY; compiled by Lewis Cass Aldrich; edited by George S. Conover; 1893: "David Barron, Seneca, was born in Northumberland county, England, August 15, 1800, came to the United States with his parents in 1801, being less than a year old, and the family located on the turnpike road in the northeastern part of the town. He was educated in the schools of that day, inured to hard work, and became an intelligent farmer, even into his ninety-third year. March 22, 1827, he married Sarah Shadbolt, of Caledonia, Livingston county; they had five children: Martha, George, John, Mary, and David W., all now deceased. His wife died February 20, 1882. Mr. Barron's father, William, was born at the old home in England, March 25, 1756, and married Margery Wilkinson, of Newcastle in his native country. Their four children were: William, Mary, David and Thomas. The father died July 14, 1833, and the mother June 6, 1855. David Barron has always borne the reputation of a modest, industrious, thrifty, and honest man."
- From Geneva Daily Times 4 October 1895
- Announcement is made of the death of David Barron at his home in Seneca last night, at the age of 95 years, after an illness of eight weeks. Up to within four years of his death, he had not been sick a day, and was always distinguished for his robust health. He was well-known in Geneva, for he had lived 58 years on the farm where he died. Mr. Barron was born in Northumberland, England, on August 15th, 1800, and during the same year came to America. With the exception of 14 years spent in Caledonia and Bath, he has lived in this vicinity. In 1829, he was married to Mrs. Sarah Shaddock in Scottsville, Monroe county, who died fourteen years ago. He was the father of four children, none of whom are living, and is survived by several relations, one of whom is W. J. Barron of this place. The deceased leaves a large estate. The time of the funeral service is not yet been announced. Mr. Barron was a man most highly esteemed in the neighborhood, and had lived here longer than any foreign-born known in the state. He has a large acquaintance by whom his death will be lamented.
- Old Section No. 9 Cemetery, Town of Seneca - Ontario County NY:
- David; died Oct 3 1895; ae 95-1-18;
- Sarah, his wife; died Feb 20 1882; ae 80-2-13;
- Martha, dau of David & Sarah Barron; died May 14 1845; ae 16-11-11;
- Mary, dau of David & Sarah Barron; died Sep 17 1852; ae 15-8-16;
- John, son of David & Sarah Barron; died July 11 1835; ae 2 yrs 9 mos;
- George, son of David & Sarah Barron; died July 18 1835; ae 4-11-17;
- David W., son of David & Sarah Barron; died Mar 2 1844; ae 8 mos 4 days
- User ID: C04BB47DBF8943468CF2148173C26C5D1EC3
- Data Changed:
- Date: 23 AUG 2008
Prior to import, this record was last changed 23 AUG 2008.
- Husband: William Barron
- Wife: Margery Wilkinson
- Date: 2 JUN 1785
- Place: Simonburn Northumberland
- Source: #S754
- User ID: B325DDEFEDDE4C44A0FA9B4A35BFF8137D94
- Child: William Barron
- Child: David Barron
- Child: Mary Barron
- Child: Thomas Barron
- Source S754
- Text: Simonburn Parish Records of Northumberland Co (films #252551, 252552, 252572, 252553), located by Ramona Duff, Oct 1988, at SLC. Ramona wrote, "There was a christening for a William Wilkinson on 13 Apr 1726, son of Matthew Wilkinson and Margery Thirlway, but there were 3 William Wilkinsons born about the same time, so I don't know if this one was ours."
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with David by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with David:
- Katherine (Alvis) Patterson - 23andMe
GEDMatch ID M134025
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
David is 24 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 18 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 36 degrees from Gene Kelly, 23 degrees from Maureen O'Hara and 24 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.