- Ellis Barron Jr.'s Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Ellis BARRON was born in England and is called "eldest son" in the will of his father, Elizeas [Ellis] Barron on Watertown, 26 Oct 1676, proved 19 Dec 1676, Middlesex Co. Probate Files, 1st series, #1291. He was the son of Ellis BARRON, Sr. and his wife Grace who came from Bury, Lancaster, England. While Elias Barron, Sr. did not settle at Lancaster nor sign the Town Orders there, he and his wife Grace were both well known neighbors of John Prescott and their families intermarried. (As evidenced by the tombstones of all the Prescotts who married, listed at the Old Burying Ground, Groton, Mass.)
Ellis BARRON, Jr. was a Carpenter, housewright, and yeoman.
Ellis BARRON, Jr. married first: Hanah HAWKINS, (daughter of Timmothy HAWKINS and Hannah HAMMOND)on 14 Dec 1653 at Watertown, Mass. Hannah HAWKINS was born at Watertown 10 Jun 1637 and died at Groton, Middlesex, Mass. 03 Jan 1673.
Ellis BARRON, Jr married second in 1678 at Watertown, Mass. Lydia Prescott FAIRBANKS, the widow of Jonas Fairbanks, who was killed in the Lancaster Massacre, 10 Feb 1676. Jonas Fairbanks and Lydia Prescott were married at Lancaster, 28 May 1658. "Lydia Barron, widow of Jonas Fairbanks, made an account of her daughter Grace Fairbank's portion of the estate on 8 Aug 1698 (Middlesex Co. Probate Files, 1st series, #7131).
Lydia and Jabez Fairbanks were bonded to execute the will of Ellis Barron, Jr. on 7 Oct 1712. The will of Ellis Barron of Lancaster, was written on 31 Dec 1711, proved 7 Oct 1712, Middlesex Co. Probate Files, 1st series, #1589.
"His (Jonas FAIRBANK's) widow married Elias Barron, Jr. of Watertown, afterwards of Groton and Lancaster, he returned to Watertown at the end of his life with Lydia." Genealogist William R Randall gives death date of Lydia as 21 Dec 1723 at Watertown, Middlesex, Mass.
•Lorenzo S. Fairbanks. Genealogy of the Fairbanks Family in America 1633-1897. Boston: 1897. p.38, 39.
Henry S. Nourse, BIRTH, MARRIAGE AND DEATH REGISTER OF LANCASTER, MASS. Lancaster. 1890: p. 11, p.16.
•Abijah P. Marvin. History of Lancaster. 1879: p.59.
C.A.Torrey. New England Marriages Prior to 1700. NEHGS. Boston. 1992: p.46 for Lydia Prescott FAIRBANKS and Elias BARRON. p. 256 for Jonas FAIRBANKS and Lydia PRESCOTT.
Middlesex Co. Probate Files
WATERTOWN RECORDS, 8 vols. (Watertown, MA, 1894-1939), 1:3:16
- Source: Title: Genealogies of the families and descendants of the early settlers of Watertown, Massachusetts Author: Bond, Henry Publication: 1860, this edition published later in one volume Call Number: G929.1744 W317bo2 Note: NS109893 CONT CONT Source Media Type: Book Page: 17
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Ellis's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Roger Travis and Elizabeth Patterson. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Ellis is 13 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 17 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 29 degrees from Gene Kelly, 24 degrees from Bram Stoker and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.