'Col. Johannes "John" Bowman (b. 17 Dec 1738, d. 4 May 1784)
Col. Johannes "John" Bowman (son of George Bowman and Mary Hite) born December 17, 1738 in Opequon Creek, Orange, Virginia; died May 4, 1784 Bowman Station, Burgin, Lincoln/Mercer County, Kentucky; married Elizabeth McClung born 1731, died 1784.
- Name: Johannes /Baumann/
- Given Name: Johannes
- Surname: Baumann
- Date: 29 Apr 1739
- Place: Opequon, Frederick, Virginia, USA
- ↑ In July 1768, he sold his share of the inheritance received from his father's death, 545 acres (2.21 km2) of the Bowman family estate in Linvel's Creek, and settled on the Roanoke. He was later recommended a justice of the peace in Augusta County in June 1769 and was appointed as commissioner of Botetourt County following its official incorporation into Virginia Colony.
- ↑ Source: #S100
- Source: S100 Abbreviation: Ancestral File (R) Title: Ancestral File (R) Author: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Publication: Copyright (c) 1987, June 1998, data as of 5 January 1998 Repository: #R5 Paranthetical: N
- Repository: R5 Name: Family History Library Address: 35 N West Temple Street CONT Salt Lake City, Utah 84150 USA Name: Family History Library Address 1: 35 N West Temple Street Address 2: Salt Lake City, Utah 84150 USA
- Source: S-1372404539 Repository: #R-2139264563 Title: U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 Author: Yates Publishing Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004.Original data - This unique collection of records was extracted from a variety of sources including family group sheets and electronic databases. Originally, the information was derived Note: APID: 1,7836::0
- Repository: R-2139264563 Name: Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com Note:
- Source: S-2057550951 Repository: #R-2139264563 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=22265477&pid=488
- WikiTree profile Baumann-74 created through the import of MarilynCardwellGedcomJuly2011.ged on Jul 10, 2011 by Marilyn Cardwell.
- WikiTree profile Bowman-2237 created through the import of bowman Family Tree.ged on Jul 8, 2012 by Jerry Bowman.
- WikiTree profile Bowman-2252 created through the import of bowman Family Tree.ged on Jul 8, 2012 by Jerry Bowman.
- WikiTree profile Bowman-2253 created through the import of bowman Family Tree.ged on Jul 8, 2012 by Jerry Bowman.
- WikiTree profile Bowman-2254 created through the import of bowman Family Tree.ged on Jul 8, 2012 by Jerry Bowman.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Johannes by comparing test results with other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share significant DNA with Johannes:
- James Bowman - 23andMe
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Jon Cunnyngham and Jerry Bowman. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.