- John (Beauchamp) de Beauchamp's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
|This person is a descendant of a Magna Carta surety baron.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Magna Carta Project!
John de Beauchamp is a descendant of Magna Carta surety baron Henry de Bohun
Birth and Parentage
John de Beauchamp, Knight, of Powick and Acton Beauchamp, Worcestershire, Alcester, Warwickshire, Kemerton, Gloucestershire, Brewham, Somerset, and East Coulston, Wiltshire, Knight of the King's Chamber, Keeper of Gloucester Castle, was born in or before 1330 (of military age in 1346, aged 23 in 1361). 
His parents married before May 21, 1329.  As the oldest child, a birth date of 1330 is a reasonable estimation.
1346 French Wars
John served in the French wars as early as 1346. 
1351 Marriage to Joan de Cherleton
John de Beauchamp, Knight, married (1st) about 17 April 1351 Joan de Cherleton, daughter of John de Cherleton, Knight, 2nd Lord Cherleton of Powis, by Maud, daughter of Roger de Mortimer, Knight, 1st Earl of March. 
1359 A Conflict About Markets
In 1359 he complained that Sir William le Botiller, or Wem, the younger, Robert de Knightgele, and others had prevented him from holding his market at Alcester, Warwickshire by driving away twenty of his cows, carrying away other goods, and assaulting his men.
Founded a Chantry
- "A perpetual chantry consisted of one or more priests, in a private free-standing chapel, or in an aisle of a greater church, (usually licensed by the local Bishop). A lesser option was the endowment of a fixed-term chantry, to fund masses sung (for the dead) by one or two priests at a side altar. Terms ranging from one to ten years were more common than the perpetual variety of chantry. 
1374 Second Marriage to Elizabeth
1386 License to cut timber
In 1386 he had license to cut timber on his manor of Brewham, Somerset. 
Sir John de Beauchamp died shortly before 7 Feb 1388/9.  In 1392 his widow, Elizabeth, delivered possession of the manors of Powick and Alcester to her step-son William Beauchamp.  She left a will dated 3 Sep 1411, proved 26 Sept 1411. 
- ↑ Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists, RJCW 296a, Page 89
- ↑ Source: #S004444 Ancestry Family Trees - John Beauchamp
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry. Salt Lake City: 2013, p. 414-415
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Vol III, page 386 #5
- ↑ Chantry, Wikipedia, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License]
- Source: S00183 Author: Roberts, Gary Boyd ENGLISH ORIGINS OF NEW ENGLAND FAMILIES, Publication: From NEHGS Register Three Volumes. Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. 1984; Volume I
- Source: S004444 Ancestry Family Trees - John Beauchamp, Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members.
- Repository: NAME Ancestry.com http://www.Ancestry.com
- Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, (2011), Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Royal Ancestry series, 2nd edition, 4 vols., ed. Kimball G. Everingham, (Salt Lake City, Utah: the author, 2011), volume III, page 387 #6
This page has been edited according to Style Standards adopted by January 2014. Descriptions of imported gedcoms for this profile are under the Changes tab.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of John's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Anonymous Large, Robin Wood, Ted Williams, and Lyman Carpenter. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On June 17, 2015 at 02:03GMT Jack Day wrote:
On April 27, 2015 at 17:45GMT Jack Day wrote:
John is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 38 degrees from Anne Frank, 22 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 27 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 19 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.