Henry Beeson, a Quaker and descendant of English immigrants, settled with his wife Mary in Fayette County, Pennsylvania. The settlement of Beesontown grew up around them, later renamed Uniontown, Pennsylvania. Henry and Mary Beeson had thirteen children, including John Beeson and Jacob Beeson, whose descendants provide much of the material in this collection. [BEESON Pennsylvania Genealogy]
Henry, son of Richard (2) and Ann (Brown) Beeson, was born in Virginia, May 19, 1743. He was in Fayette county as early as 1767 and selected land in that year, but did not make improvement in it until 1768. The improvement herein mentioned included the log cabin, which he first occupied, now within the borough limits as stated. The tract on which it was located was named by him "Stone Coal Run," which was surveyed to him by Alexander McClean, September 27, 1769, warrant No. 3455. It contained three hundred and fifty acres lying west of the present Morgantown Street, the line of which formed its eastern boundary. Within the three years succeeding 1770 he purchased Douthett's "Mill Seat" tract, and erected a mill on Redstone creek. He constructed a canal three-fourths of a mile long to obtain the necessary power to operate this mill, which led northward across what are now Fayette and Church streets through the present school house grounds. This mill continued in operation about fifteen years, then was abandoned and the past century has obliterated all trace of the old raceway. It was known far and near as "Beeson's Mill" and there was built in 1774 a strong blockhouse as a place of refuge for the few inhabitants nearby. The original plot of the village was laid out in 1776 in land he had bought of Douchett and was at first known as Beeson's Town. The first fifty-four lots were disposed of by lottery. The name Uniontown began to be used about 1780 and came into general use about 1800. In 1784 Henry sold to his brother, Jacob Beeson, for a consideration of one hundred pounds (Pennsylvania money), all his title and interest to, and in the "Stone Coal Run" tract, but it would seem from other records that this sale embraced but a part of the tract. The part purchased by Jacob was named by him "Mount Vernon" and became a part of Uniontown.
Henry Beeson erected a mansion for himself and family near a beautiful spring. The bricks were burned on the farm and the house built with kitchen separate from the main building but connected by a covered porch. A few rods to the eastward stood the famous old hickory known as the "Indian tree," seventy-four feet high and forty-four feet to the first limb. It was trimmed so by the Indians, and nearly every boy in town has tried his skill at gathering nuts from its bushy top. This grand old landmark was destroyed by a wind storm at 11 o'clock, Thursday, January 23, 1896. The mansion was surrounded by seventy acres and there Mr. Beeson spent many happy hours, noting the growing prosperity of the new town, and in entertaining the many distinguished guests who made his home their stopping place when passing through. The old mansion is still standing, having never been unoccupied, nor has it been improved or added to since first leaving the builder's hands.
Mr. Beeson was a tall slender man. He was well built, stood six feet in height, with keen piercing black eyes. He was very generous, his keen delight being in helping others. He deeded to the town the "Central Public Grounds, upon which the court house, jail and sheriff's residence now stands, on October 13, 1797, for five shillings and other good causes thereunto moving him." He also donated a burying ground on the hillside cast of the court house and there many of the donor's descendants are buried. In 1804 he moved to Ohio, where he owned two grist mills, also several thousand acres of land in Kentucky, Virginia and North Carolina. He died of paralysis at Mount Pleasant, Jefferson county, Ohio, February 13, 1819.
He married Mary Martin, who died at the same place in the early part of the year 1821. Sons: Jesse, Jacob, of whom further; William, Richard, Henry, John, Edward.
Date: 19 Mar 1742/43
Place: Martinsburg, Berkeley, West Virginia, USA
Imported only 19 Mar 1742 from Birth Date and marked as uncertain.
Place: East Nottingham, Bucks, Pennsylvania, USA, 
BEESON Pennsylvania Genealogy
The improvement herein mentioned included the log cabin, which he first occupied, now within the borough limits as stated. The tract on which it was located was named by him "Stone Coal Run," which was surveyed to him by Alexander McClean, September 27, 1769, warrant No. 3455
WikiTree profile Beeson-185 created through the import of 1rebeason jun 2011.ged.ged on Sep 7, 2011 by Richard Beason. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Richard and others.
Source: S3082719147 Repository: #R3082402824 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. Page: Ancestry Family Trees Note: Data: Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=6089483&pid=393
Source: S3088331414 Repository: #R3082402824 Title: U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 Author: Yates Publishing Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2004.Original data - This unique collection of records was extracted from a variety of sources including family group sheets and electronic databases. Originally, the information was deriv Note: