This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- Note: #H138
- WikiTree profile Bennet-160 created through the import of Moody-Howell_2011-06-05.ged on Jun 11, 2011 by Robert Moody. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Robert and others.
- Note H138From family records:
- "Margaret Bennett was born in Blair Logie castle, the same house her father was born in. She survived her husband and all of her children except for Mrs. Ellen Muir and Mrs. Janet Stewart of London. She died March 25, 1905, in full possession of all her faculties and was a woman of noble Christian character. "
- "The family lived in Blair Logie for more than 200 years before her time. The castle originally had a tower on the left side containing a circular stair and archer's holes for shooting through. It also contained several rooms with sliding doors which could be opened to create a large hall where her grandmother had all the children and grandchildren assembled on Hansell Monday and other holidays."
- Information from the historian in Blair Logie indicates that the Bennets never occupied Blair Logie castle dating back to the 1500s. Confirmed by Richard Smallwood research [8/99]. Richard believes the family lived at Gogar Mains, a large farm due south of Blair Logie. Alexander Bald was born at Gogar Mains.
- Birth date is christening record from LDS; C113745 film. I have also seen the birth date as 10/1809.
- No record of birth in old parish registers.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Margaret's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.