- Elizabeth (Best) Shaw's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This person migrated to New England during the Puritan Great Migration (1620-1640).
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Puritan Great Migration Project!
- Elizabeth "Bridget" Beste
Briggit Best, daughter of Henry Best, was chriistened on 19 April 1592 in Ovendon, Halifax, Yorkshire, England.
Emigration and Settlement in New England
Abraham and Bridget Shaw and children emigrated to America in 1636 on the Anne. At first they settled in Watertown, Massachusetts. Their house burned down in October 1636 and they moved to Dedham, Massachusetts.
Abraham Shaw's undated will does not mention a wife, so she is assumed to have died in Dedham, Massachusetts, before 1638, when Abraham's estate was inventoried.
Ancestral File Number
- ↑ U.S., New England Marriages Prior to 1700 (Provo, UT, USA, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2012), Ancestry.com, Record for Abraham Shaw. http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=NewEnglandMarriages&h=66757&indiv=try
- ↑ Torrey, Clarence A. New England Marriages Prior to 1700. Baltimore, MD, USA: Genealogical Publishing Co., 2004. pg 664
- ↑ Abstract of the Will of Abraham Shawe. The New England Historical and Genealogical Register (New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston, MA), Vol. 2, 1848. Vol. 2, p. 180
- Bierbrier, M. L. The Origin of Abraham Shaw of Dedham. The American Genealogist, v. 57 (1981), pp. 85-87.
- Frost, Josephine C. Ancestors of Amyntas Shaw and His Wife Lucy Tufts Williams, self-published, 1920. Page 5.
- Pitman, H. Minot. Abraham Shaw of Dedham. The New England Historical and Genealogical Register. v. 106 (1952), pages 50-52.
- "Shawe". The New England Historical and Genealogical Register. vol. 49 (1895), page 64.
- Shaw, Russell Franklin. "The English Ancestry of Abraham Shaw of Dedham, Massachusetts (1590-1638)". The Genealogist 10:1 (Spring 1989):86-97.
- Ancestral File(R) . The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Ancestral File (R) (Copyright (c) 1987, June 1998, data as of 5 January 1998)
- Ancestry Family Trees - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. URL: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=8570615&pid=-386268441
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Elizabeth's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Darrell Parker, Richard Draper, Eugene Quigley, Rhonda Scoullar, Cara Johnson, Judi Engle, and Abigail Shaw. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 8 Sep 2015 at 08:46 GMT Eugene Quigley wrote:
Elizabeth is 16 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 18 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 19 degrees from Michael Phelps, 26 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.