- John Jean Bilbo's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
John's grandfather was "JEAN JACQUES BILBO: Jacques Bilbaud arrived in Virginia with his wife & son fleeing religious persecution. He was a Huguenot refugee. He came in 1700 on "Ye First Shippe" the Mary and Ann from England after departing Port des Barques, France. He was the founder of Manakintowne, Virginia, 1700 (later Mecklenburg, Virginia)
JEAN PETER BILBO (JOHN PETER2, JEAN JACQUES1) was born October 26, 1735 in Lunenburg County, Virginia, and died Abt. 1809 in Mecklenburg County, Virginia. He married (1) MARY WRIGHT NICHOLSON. She died 1825. He married (2) SUSANNAH ANN WALKER Bef. 1761, daughter of TANDY SR. and JUDITH LANGFORD. She was born 1744 in Lunenburg County, Virginia, and died 1786. He married (3) MARY CLEMONDS September 28, 1786 in Mecklenburg County, Virginia. She died Bef. 1807.
In 1765, John BILBO, who had apparently moved to Cumberland County, Virginia, sold to John HOBSON of Lunenburg County, Virginia, "... that parcel of land laid off agreeable to the last will and testament of John Peter BILBO ..." on Allen's Creek.
Bilbo John & Clemonds Mary Sep 28, 1786. The Marriag License Bonds of Mecklenberg County, Virginia from 1765 - 1810 Pages 1 - 4 The 26th 9ber, 1735, was born Jean Bilbo, son of Jean Pierre Bilbo and of Susane, his wife; he had for godfather, Jean Panetie and Isaac Dutoi; for godmother, Janne Janbon and Ester Lafuite; baptized the 18th March.
John died between February 1809 when he made his will and 8 May, 1809 when it was probated in Mecklenburg Co. He lived in the part of Lunenburg Co. that fell into Mecklenburg Co. when it was formed in 1765. John was a soldier in the Revolutionary War. His date of enlistment was 4 November, 1775, 1st South Carolina Regiment commanded by Col. C. Pinkney. He also donated beef and one smooth bore gun taken into service and not returned.
Children of JEAN BILBO and SUSANNAH WALKER are:
1. JUDITH BILBO, b. 1761, Henderson County, Kentucky.
2. SUSANNA BILBO, b. April 29, 1764, Virginia; d. August 06, 1787, Mecklenburg County, Virginia; m. EDMOND SHORT. Notes for SUSANNA BILBO: Short Edmund & Bilbo Susanna Apr 6, 1787. Witness, John Bilbo. The Marriag License Bonds of Mecklenberg County, Virginia from 1765 - 1810 Page 46
3. JOHN BILBO, b. October 07, 1766, Virginia; d. 1840, Lawrence County, Mississippi; m. LUCY PAINE, November 18, 1818, Warren County, North Carolina.
4. THOMAS BILBO, b. June 20, 1776, Lunenburg County, Virginia; d. September 20, 1846, Calcasieu Parish, Lousiana; m. ANNA MARIE LAWRENCE, July 12, 1804, Columbus, Mississippi Territory; b. April 07, 1788, Viriginia; d. 1870, Calcasieu Parish, Lousianna. Notes for THOMAS BILBO: Thomas is found in the Mississippi Territory in the early 1800's as a surveyor. During the year 1812 Jackson County was formed and the County seat was established at Thomas Bilbo's house.
Children of JEAN BILBO and MARY CLEMONDS are:
5. ALLEN MOSS BILBO, b. 1788; d. 1815; m. MARTHA FARRAR, December 15, 1810, Mecklenburg County, Virginia. Notes for ALLEN MOSS BILBO: Bilbo Allen Moss & Farrar Martha December 15 1810
6. WILLIAM RAY BILBO, b. 1790, Virginia; d. 1846, Mississippi; m. CHARLOTTE RYAN
This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- User ID: 2E4879983AC8FA43A3A18B5B8CC7DB4765E7
- Data Changed:
- Date: 19 MAR 2010
- Time: 07:36:58
- Date: 19 MAR 2010
Prior to import, this record was last changed 07:36:58 19 MAR 2010.
- WikiTree profile Bilbo-22 created through the import of Hiemstra_Dyer Family Tree.ged.ged on Oct 25, 2011 by John Hiemstra. See the Changes page for the details of edits by John and others.
- Source: S4 Repository: #REPO1 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Abbreviation: Ancestry Family Trees Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created.1 _APID 1030::0 Master Listing Source: Y Page: Ancestry Family Trees Note: 2 _APID 1030::0 Data: Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=2410046&pid=-85449181
- Repository: REPO1 Name: Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com
- ↑ http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~lydieanderson/jjbilbo.htm
- ↑ Huguenot Family Emigration to Virginia , Page 64 & 65. Early Settlers of Mecklenburg County Virginia Volume II
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with John Jean by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share significant DNA with John Jean:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Allan Thomas, Ben Hudson, and Corey Alley. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On June 29, 2015 at 07:19GMT Leigh Murrin wrote:
On March 9, 2015 at 00:39GMT Allan Thomas wrote: