- Helene Blanchard's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
|This person is an Acadian.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Acadians Project!
- Helene Blanchard was born 25 Oct 1718 in Cobeguit, Acadia and christened on 23 May 1719 Grand Pré, AcadiaShe died Oct 1782 in Loire-Atlantique, France and was buried 18 Oct 1782 Nantes. 
- Hélène BLANCHARD (wife of Paul DUGAS) was godmother to her grand-nephew Joseph-Florent BOURG (son of Madeleine BLANCHARD) (Châtellerault Register N-D of 27 Jan 1776). We believe that that shows that Hélène BLANCHARD was the paternal aunt of Madeleine BLANCHARD. The father of the latter would thus have been the son of Pierre BLANCHARD and Françoise BREAU. According to the censuses of the exiles in France (in 1759, 1762, 1772) Madeleine BLANCHARD was born around 1738, there is no son of Pierre BLANCHARD and Françoise BREAU among those who appear on the La Roque census who could be the father of Madeleine. Thus we suppose that her father must be an elder son of Pierre whose first name is not preserved among the registers at our disposal. We note that we find Ignace HAMON among the godfathers of the children of Madeleine BLANCHARD. We believe that Ignace and Madeleine would be cousins on the BLANCHARD side.
Milton P. & Norma Gaudet Rieder
- Belle Isle en Mer Registers. Statement of [his brother] Alexandre AUCOIN on 23 Feb 1767: Alexis AUCOIN, born at Cobeguitk [Acadia] in 1717, son of Alexis & Anne Marie BOURT, married there to Helene BLANCHARD, daughter of Pierre & Francoise BRAULT. They were transported from Isle Saint Jean to Saint Malo, where Alexis died.
- Alexis AUCOIN, born 1717, son of Alexis & Anne-Marie BOURG, married at Cobequid around 1741 to Helene BLANCHARD, daughter of Pierre & Francoise BRAULT; five children. He was at Isle St. Jean in 1752; and at St. Coulomb, France in 1762. He died soon after at St. Malo.
- Alexis Aucoin, born about 1717, Cobequid, S-Pierre St Paul (Acadie), son of Alexis Aucoin at Anne-Marie Bourg, brother of Alexandre (see Family # 6); died during the crossing of the Atlantique to France en 1758-1759. He married Helene Blanchard, born in 1718, Cobequid, S-Pierre St Paul (Acadie), daughter of Pierre Blanchard and Francoise Braud. She remarried to Paul Dugast. She was buried 18 October 1782, Nantes, St-Similien (Loire-Atl.) (65 years).
Albert J. Robichaux:
- Alexis AUCOIN, born about 1717, married about 1741 to Helene BLANCHARD, daughter of Pierre & Francoise BRAUD; seven children listed. He died at sea [sic] during the crossing to France in 1758/1759. His widow and five children disembarked at St. Malo on 23 Jan 1759 from one of the "Five ships."
- Pierre AUCOIN b: Abt 1741 in Acadia
- Joseph AUCOIN b: Abt 1743 in Cobeguit, Acadia
- Fabien AUCOIN b: Abt 1746 in Cobeguit, Acadia
- Marie AUCOIN b: Abt 1748 in Acadia
- Helene AUCOIN b: Abt 1749 in Acadia (died during the crossing)
- Marguerite AUCOIN b: Abt 1750 in Acadia (died 5 Mars 1759, St-Malo (Ille-et-Vil.))
- Theodore AUCOIN b: Abt 1755 (died during the crossing)
- Anne AUCOIN b: 17 Apr 1755 in Isle St. Jean, Acadia c: 2 Dec 1755 in Port Lajoie, Isle St. Jean, Acadia (Anne is not listed by Gerard-Marc Braud)
- Marriage (2) Paul Dugas 30 Jun 1760 in Ploubalay, Cotes d'Armor, France 
- Source: DGFA Title: Dictionnaire Généalogique des Familles Acadiennes: 1715 à 1780; Author: Stephen A. White; Publication: Moncton, NB: Centre d'Études Acadiennes, draft version; Source published by Karen Theriot Reader, RootsWeb.com.
- ↑ Source: #DGFA p. 26
- ↑ Title: Catholic Church Records, vol. 1a: Acadian Records, 1707-1748; Author: Diocese of Baton Rouge; Publication: Diocese, 1999. The Registers of St. Charles aux Mines in Acadia, from Grand Pré, carried into exile to St. Gabriel Church of Iberville, LA. Personal Copy; p. 26; (SGA-2, 13).
- ↑ Source: #DGFA p. 666, age 65
- ↑ Source: #DGFA Page: BLANCHARD #9
- ↑ Milton P. & Norma Gaudet Rieder, THE ACADIANS IN FRANCE; ; vol. II, Metairie, LA, Author, 1972; p. 67
- ↑ Bona Arsenault, HISTOIRE ET GENEALOGIE DES ACADIENS; 1625-1810; Ottawa, Editions Lemeac, 1978, 6 vols.; p. 1467 (Cobequid)
- ↑ Title: Acadiens en France; Nantes et Paimboeuf, 1775-1785; Author: Gérard-Marc Braud; Publication: Nantes, France: Ouest Éditions, 1999; Personal Copy; p. 30
- ↑ Title: Acadians in Exile in Saint Malo 1758-1785; Author: Albert J. Robichaux; Publication: Hebert Publications, Eunice, Louisiana 1981; Vol 1; p. 17; Personal Copy.
- ↑ Source: #DGFA p. 666; both marrying for second time after spouses head died, groom was about 51, the bride age 41.
- Text: Witnesses: Joseph BILLERAY (who signed); Joseph AUCOIN; Jean-Baptiste HÉBERT; Olivier THIBODEAU.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Helene's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Helene is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 47 degrees from Anne Frank, 20 degrees from AJ Jacobs and 19 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.