- Ralph Blankenship was born about 1662 in England.
- Arrived in 1686 or 1687. His name is listed with 90 white persons and 70 negros as a headright of Richard Kennon in a petition for an 8000 acre land grant.
- Married by 1690 to Martha Clay. Her maiden name is somewhat speculative as no marriage records have been found. However, two of the Clay brothers who also were children of Charles Clay (1636-1686) and Hannah Wilson (1642-1706) appeared on the death inventory and will of Ralph Blankenship and Martha's second husband Edward Stanley indicating a probable familial connection.
- William Blankenship b. Abt. 1691, d. April 1745, Henrico County, Virginia.
- Richard Blankenship b. Abt. 1693, d. Aft. 1768, Goochland County, Virginia.
- Ralph Blankenship, Jr. b. Abt. 1695, d. November 1754, Chesterfield County, Virginia.
- John Blankenship, b. Abt. 1697, d. April 09, 1754, Chesterfield County, Virginia.
- James Blankenship, b. Abt. 1699, d. May 23, 1749, Chesterfield County, Virginia.
- ↑ Deposition in Henrico on April 2, 1695 that he was about 33 years of age; Henrico W&D 1688-97:577
- ↑ Henrico Order Book 1678-1793:362
- ↑ W&D 1725-37:115
- Blankenship, Gayle King. 1995 Blankenship Ancestors: Agee Dunn Johnston Jones Ligon Moseley Perdue White, Published by Gayle K. Blankenship, Poquoson, Virginia
- WikiTree profile Blankenship-646 created through the import of Griffin-Stade Family Tree_2012-11-26.ged on Nov 27, 2012 by Dan Thompson.
- WikiTree profile Blankenship-548 created through the import of JOSEPH~1.GED on Jul 14, 2012 by Joseph Stalnaker.
- This person was created through the import of Bwiki.ged on 03 April 2011.
- This person was created on 04 March 2011 through the import of THWEATT43.GED.
- WikiTree profile Blankenship-539 created through the import of HoulgateExportLegacy2012.ged on Jun 18, 2012 by Laurence Houlgate.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Ralph's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Dan Thompson, Brent Bowen, John Threatt, Joseph Stalnaker, and Laurence Houlgate. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.