- Ralph Blankenship's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
|This person settled in the US Southern Colonies Prior to incorporation into the USA.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the US Southern Colonies Project!
- Ralph Blankenship was born about 1662 in England.
- Arrived in 1686 or 1687. His name is listed with 90 white persons and 70 negros as a headright of Richard Kennon in a petition for an 8000 acre land grant.
- Married by 1690 to Martha Clay. Her maiden name is somewhat speculative as no marriage records have been found. However, two of the Clay brothers who also were children of Charles Clay (1636-1686) and Hannah Wilson (1642-1706) appeared on the death inventory and will of Ralph Blankenship and that of Martha's second husband, Edward Stanley indicating a probable familial connection.
- Richard Blankenship b. Abt. 1691, d. Aft. 1768, Goochland County, Virginia.
- William Blankenship b. Abt. 1693, d. April 1745, Henrico County, Virginia.
- John Blankenship, b. Abt. 1695, d. April 09, 1754, Chesterfield County, Virginia.
- James Blankenship, b. Abt. 1698, d. May 23, 1749, Chesterfield County, Virginia.
- Ralph Blankenship, Jr. b. Abt. 1700, d. November 1754, Chesterfield County, Virginia.
- ↑ Deposition in Henrico on April 2, 1695 that he was about 33 years of age; Henrico W&D 1688-97:577
- ↑ Henrico Order Book 1678-1793:362
- ↑ W&D 1725-37:115
- Blankenship, Gayle King. 1995 Blankenship Ancestors: Agee Dunn Johnston Jones Ligon Moseley Perdue White, Published by Gayle K. Blankenship, Poquoson, Virginia
- WikiTree profile Blankenship-646 created through the import of Griffin-Stade Family Tree_2012-11-26.ged on Nov 27, 2012 by Dan Thompson.
- WikiTree profile Blankenship-548 created through the import of JOSEPH~1.GED on Jul 14, 2012 by Joseph Stalnaker.
- This person was created through the import of Bwiki.ged on 03 April 2011.
- This person was created on 04 March 2011 through the import of THWEATT43.GED.
- WikiTree profile Blankenship-539 created through the import of HoulgateExportLegacy2012.ged on Jun 18, 2012 by Laurence Houlgate.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Ralph by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Ralph:
- John Roberts : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch F100137, FTDNA kit #100137
- Sally (Bankson) Bingman : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #234132
- M Roberts : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch F266987, FTDNA kit #266987
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Dan Thompson, Laurence Houlgate, Robert Patterson, and John Threatt. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 30 Jul 2016 at 13:19 GMT Dan Thompson wrote:
On 20 Oct 2014 at 17:01 GMT David Wilson wrote:
The signatures of Henry and Charles clay on the death instrutments of Ralph Blankenship and Edward Stanley may have been nothing more than the fact that they were good neighbors. When we see the Clay names on Ralph Blankinship's death inventory and on the will of Edward Stanley, Martha's second husband, it suggests to me Martha had no kinfolk living in Virginia and therefore she relied exclusively on good neighbors to witness her husbands' wills. " http://www.blankenshipweb.com/don.blankenship/BlankenshipOrigins1.pdf
see pg. 928
On 28 Sep 2014 at 04:52 GMT David Wilson wrote:
http://www.blankenshipweb.com/don.blankenship/BlankenshipOrigins1.pdf (this is a very large and sourced file that takes time to load,)
On 26 Sep 2014 at 22:08 GMT David Wilson wrote:
Ralph is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 38 degrees from Anne Frank, 17 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 23 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 14 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.