Susan Boldosser was born on April 30, 1834 in either Frankford, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, or Chongqing, Chongqing Shiqu, Chongqing, China. Her parents were George Boldosser, and Mary Ernest. She married Samuel Alexander Lehman Sr, 28 DEC 1854, in Carlisle, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania; Samuel passed when he was 29 years 9 months and 25 days, of influenza. She then married Christian Grabin January 6, 1865, in Johnson County, Iowa. Susan passed away on November 23, 1901 in North Liberty, Johnson, Iowa.
Susan's first husband Samuel Sr. and his first three children all died of the flu. Samuel died Sept. 30, 1860; Orrin died Sept. 24, 1860; Mary died October 4, 1860; and William died October 2, 1860
There is differing information on the birthplace of Susan Boldosser. Some suggest Chongqing, Chongqing Shiqu, Chongqing, China; while others suggest Frankford, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, USA. While there is no good reasoning for Susan being born in China, save that of the possibility of her parents being Missionaries; the more logical answer is the suggestion that Mary having been born in Pennsylvania, as her father is purported to have been born around Jan 1807, in Perry County, Pennsylvania; and having died 13 May 1885, in Frankford, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania.
Susan is Buried at:
- Ridgewood Cemetery
- North Liberty
- Johnson County
- Iowa, USA
- ↑ http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=40673360
- ↑ http://person.ancestry.com/tree/4224193/person/-1635165152/facts
- ↑ http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/p/e/t/Darryl-E-Pettit-2/WEBSITE-0001/UHP-0046.html
- ↑ http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&GSln=Grabin&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=14&GScnty=598&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=40673360&CRid=95947&df=all&
- Add sources here.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Susan by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Susan:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Susan is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 25 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 33 degrees from Gene Kelly, 31 degrees from Bram Stoker and 23 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.