Osbern de Bolebec, a noble Norman Lord of Longueville in Normandy (living in the time of Duke Robert the Magnificent or the Devil who was the father of William the Conqueror), married probably in the last years of the tenth or the early years of the eleventh century Avelina, third sister of Gunnora who was the second wife of Richard, Duke of Normandy from 942 to 996.
- ABT. 940—970, Collections for a History of Staffordshire states he was "quite young" when he married Avelina. So 940 seems too early. amb
- Place: Longueville, Normandy, France
...Gunnora had a bevy of younger sisters whom she promoted by marrying them to the sons of great Norman houses who were in ward to the Duke (Richard, Duke of Normandy) and in this way the third sister, Avelina, was given in marriage to Osbern de Bolebec Lord of Longueville by whom she had Walter Giffard the first and Godfrey father of William d Arques.
- ↑ The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, p. 59-60, accessed 2014-05-08, amb
- ↑ The Visitations of the County of Devon: Comprising the Herald's Visitations of 1531, 1564, & 1620, p. 396, accessed 2015-05-08, amb
- ↑ Collections for a History of Staffordshire, pp. 4-5, accessed 2014-05-08, amb
- ↑ An Analysis of the Domesday Book of the County of Norfolk, pp. 38-39. (Google eBook). George Munford. J. R. Smith, 1858. Accessed 2014-05-09, amb
- Chart for Giffard of Halsbury, The Visitations of the County of Devon: Comprising the Herald's Visitations of 1531, 1564, & 1620 (Google eBook). College of Arms (Great Britain). For the author, by H. S. Eland, 1895 - Devon (England) - 899 pages
- The Giffards Collections for a History of Staffordshire, Volume 5 (Google eBook). William Salt Archaeological Society, 1902 - Staffordshire (England).
- The New England Historical and Genealogical Register (Google eBook). The Society, 1921 - New England.
- Wikipedia entry for Walter Giffard, Lord of Longueville
This person was created through the import of Dickinson Family Tree.ged on 31 March 2011.
Bolbec-1 was created through the import of master 11_12.ged on 21 October 2010, adopted 2014-05-08 by Michelle Brooks.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Osbert's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson and Michelle Brooks. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.