- Rebecca Boone's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Rebecca Boone married Phillip Goe in 1788 when both were still in their mid-teens. That youthful union eventually produced a large number of little Goes. Actually, Boone was not very fond of his son-in-law. According to old accounts, Goe was given to drink and was not a good provider for his family. Daniel put him in business on a couple of occasions only to end up with the tab after Goe went belly-up. The Goes lived in a number of places in the state probably as a result of Phillip’s failed business ventures. Phillip died while the family was living in Nicholas County and presumably is buried there. Rebecca died at her sister’s house in Clark County and is buried not far from the site of the famous fort that will be forever linked to her father by name and legend.
Death Date: 14 Jul 1805. Place: Clark County, Kentucky
An unreferenced source has the death place as Rowan County, North Carolina.
- S40 Book: Some Boone Descendants & Kindred of the St. Charles District by Lillian Hays Oliver. Dean Publications, 2204 El Canto Circle, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670; Pub. 1984. Repository: Library of Marilyn Cardwell Larson, Roseville, CA.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Rebecca by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Rebecca:
- Linda Maxwell : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #425830
- Elaine Napier : 23andMe, GEDMatch m220421
- Marylu (Otis) Taylor : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member Marylu_Taylor
- Eugene Otis : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member Marylu_Taylor
- Bryan Otis : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A883570, Ancestry member Marylu_Taylor
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Anonymous S, and Robert Bain. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On August 12, 2013 at 17:16GMT Maggie N. wrote:
On December 8, 2011 at 10:41GMT Marie Mills wrote:
Rebecca married Philip Goe. Born in 1767. Philip died in Kentucky in 1805; he was 38.
Rebecca is 16 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 18 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 27 degrees from Gene Kelly, 26 degrees from Bram Stoker and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.