- Squire Boone's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
from G2G post:
- According to this book: The Boone Family:
- pp 58-60 58 - Samuel Boone & Sarah Day had issue: Samuel, Thomas, Rebecca, Mary (Polly), Levi, and Squire. Squire's birth is given as 13 Oct 1760.
- pp 109-11 tells us the above Squire d. 28 June 1817. M. Anna Grubbs and had issue: Thomas, Susan, Lucy, Cynthia, Samuel, Squire, Ira, Isaiah, Diadama, Higgason Grubbs, Levi Day, Nancy, and Polly
"According to the records of his daughter, he died of cancer and wounds from battle at Blue Lick, Kentucky. This battle at Blue Lick was an ambush by the Wyandot Indians, and was the last battle of the American Revolution, 75 men from Kentucky were killed." Source: Families of Southwestern Kentucky."While residing in Camdem District, South Carolina, he was drafted in June or July 1777, and served as sergeant for three months under Captain John Cook and Colonel Goodwin. He was drafted again in June or July 1779, and served as sergeant for three months under Captain John McChord or Captain Robert McGowen, and Colonel John Russell. In the fall of 1779 he moved to Kentucky and settled at Bryant's Station, and there held the office of Sergeant under Captain William Hays. He was wounded at the battle of Lower Blue Licks. He also served in General George Rogers Clark's Expedition against the Piqua Towns and was frequently engaged against the Shawnee Indians until 1783. He was pensioned from September 9, 1809 for the disability resulting from wound received at the battle of Blue Licks, nature of wound not stated. He died June 28, 1817." Source: Revolutionary Pension letter.
- ↑ Entered by Dallas Riedesel.
Thanks to Dallas Riedesel for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Dallas and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Squire by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share significant DNA with Squire:
- Eugene Otis - AncestryDNA
Ancestry.com member Marylu_Taylor
- Andrew Robertson - Family Tree DNA Family Finder
GEDMatch ID 4259
Family Tree DNA kit 32492
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On April 8, 2014 at 04:30GMT Liz Shifflett wrote:
On April 8, 2014 at 04:22GMT Liz Shifflett wrote: