- George (Boothe) Booth Esq's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Father George Booth, Esq. b. c 1490, d. 25 Oct 1531
Mother Elizabeth Boteler b. c 1497
George Booth, Esq. was born on 18 December 1515 at of Durham-Massey, Cheshire, England.
He married Elizabeth Trafford, daughter of Sir Edmund Trafford and Elizabeth Longford, on 20 May 1536; They had 1 son (Sir William) and 3 daughters (Elizabeth, wife of William Chauntrell; Mary, wife of Ralph Davenport; & Anne, wife of (Mr.) Wentworth).
George Booth, Esq. died on 3 August 1543 at of Durham-Massey, Cheshire, England, at age 27.
- Elizabeth Trafford b. c 1518
- Sir William
- Elizabeth, wife of William Chauntrell
- Mary, wife of Ralph Davenport
- Anne, wife of (Mr.) Wentworth
"Sir George  Booth (George , William , George , William , Robert , John , Thomas , John , Thomas , William , Adam ), eldest son and heir of Sir George  Booth, was born about 1515 or 1516, and died 1544, aged 28. He married, in 1531, when but 16 years of age, Margaret, daughter of Rowland Bulkeley, of Benmorris (Anglesea), Knight, but by her had no issue. He then, after her death, married Elizabeth, daughter of Sir Edward Trafford, in Lancashire, Knight. To him, as one of the families of rank, came an official letter, Oct. 12, 1529, announcing, by command of Queen Jane Seymour, the birth of her son, afterwards Edward VI. It is dated on the day of his birth. This letter was preserved by Lady Mary, Countess Dowager of Stamford (1771), as was also another from Henry VIII to Sir George Booth, Feb. 10, 1543, concerning forces to be raised against the Scots. Elizabeth, wife of Sir George Booth, died in 1582. Both of them lie buried at Trentham Church, Staffordshire." 
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 259.
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. V, p. 182.
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 259-260.
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 437-438.
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 129.
- ↑ (Genealogy of the Booth Family in England and the United States, Walter S. Booth, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1892)
- George Booth, Esq, "Our Royal, Titled, Noble, and Commoner Ancestors and Cousins" (website, compiled by Mr. Marlyn Lewis, Portland, OR; accessed September 20, 2015)
- Harleian Society. The Visitation of Cheshire in the Year 1580, The Publications of The Harleian Society (London: The Society, 1882) Vol. 18, Page 37 "George Bouth of Dunham married 1st ... d. to Sr. Richard Buckley. married 2nd to Elizabeth d. to Sr Edmond Trafford."
- Rev. Darrell and Sallyann. Cary Family History
- Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Royal Ancestry series, 2nd edition, 4 vols., ed. Kimball G. Everingham, (Salt Lake City, Utah: the author, 2011), Vol 1, pp 258-261. BOOTH
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of George's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On September 9, 2015 at 00:20GMT Doug Lockwood wrote:
The last name at birth should be Booth, not Boothe. Please change it as we are trying to accurately create Magna Carta Trails. Thanks
On June 21, 2014 at 00:29GMT Robin Lee wrote:
George is 16 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 18 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 45 degrees from Lisa Kudrow, 25 degrees from Kurt Vonnegut and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.