- Theodelinde (Bourgogne) Köln's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
BAD GEDCOM: Theodelinde,
Queen of Bourgogne. Birth: 470, 480 Marne Bourgogne. Death: 557 Somme, Picardie. She is reported to have married both Godogesil of Burgundy and Siegbert of Austrasia, having children by both (but probably not Cloderic, who is listed as her stepson). Various claims have been made as to her paternity, including the entry for Gunther of Burgundy. Some list her mother as another Theodelind (with either a or e at the end).
- a.) Godogesil of Burgundy... no known wife or children. Sigibert of Austrasia married Brunhilda. The father of Cholderic is Sigibert (Sigobert) "the lame," King of Franks on the Rhine (Cologne and Zulpich)... not the same people. ... Gunthar is semi-legendary. There's a mashup of characters causing a trainwreck.
- b.) Confusion may also stem from Authari's broken engagement to Choldesindis "Clodesinde" (575/6 - after 594)... daughter of Sigibert I, and Brunhilda of the Visigoths. "Chlodosind is named as daughter of Queen Brunhilde, and sister of King Childebert, in the Treaty of Andelot dated 28 Nov 587." ... Authari ended up being the first husband of Theolinda, Queen of the Lombards -- daughter of Garivald I, Duke of Bavaria and Waldrada. After he died, she married: Agilolf "Ago" (d. 615), King of the Lombards (p. UNKNOWN)
- Theodelinda, Queen of the Lombards (570 - 628)
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Theodelinde's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Bob Fields, Ted Williams, and David Rentschler. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On February 13, 2016 at 01:23GMT Patricia LeBeau wrote:
3. SIGEBERT the Lame King of Cologne (483 AD \'96 509) (Born c452 AD \ Murdered in 509 whilst hunting in the forest of Buchau) King Sigebert was murdered by his son Cloderic at the instigation of his kinsman, Clovis I, King of the Salian Franks. Sigebert was married (c470 AD) to THEUDELINDE of Burgundy (Born c455 AD \ Died before 509), the daughter of Godesgesil, King of Burgundy (474 AD \ 504) and his wife Theudelinde of the Salian Franks, the daughter of Clodius 'the Long-Haired, King of the Salian Franks at Tournai (428 \ 448 AD) Sigebert the Lame and Queen Theudelinde were the parents of,
4. CLODERIC the Parracide
On July 28, 2015 at 06:08GMT Renee Malloy wrote:
Theodelinde is 40 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 57 degrees from Anne Frank, 43 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 44 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 37 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.