- Theodelinde (Bourgogne) Köln's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
BAD GEDCOM: Theodelinde,
Queen of Bourgogne. Birth: 470, 480 Marne Bourgogne. Death: 557 Somme, Picardie. She is reported to have married both Godogesil of Burgundy and Siegbert of Austrasia, having children by both (but probably not Cloderic, who is listed as her stepson). Various claims have been made as to her paternity, including the entry for Gunther of Burgundy. Some list her mother as another Theodelind (with either a or e at the end).
- a.) Godogesil of Burgundy... no known wife or children. Sigibert of Austrasia married Brunhilda. The father of Cholderic is Sigibert (Sigobert) "the lame," King of Franks on the Rhine (Cologne and Zulpich)... not the same people. ... Gunthar is semi-legendary. There's a mashup of characters causing a trainwreck.
- b.) Confusion may also stem from Authari's broken engagement to Choldesindis "Clodesinde" (575/6 - after 594)... daughter of Sigibert I, and Brunhilda of the Visigoths. "Chlodosind is named as daughter of Queen Brunhilde, and sister of King Childebert, in the Treaty of Andelot dated 28 Nov 587." ... Authari ended up being the first husband of Theolinda, Queen of the Lombards -- daughter of Garivald I, Duke of Bavaria and Waldrada. After he died, she married: Agilolf "Ago" (d. 615), King of the Lombards (p. UNKNOWN)
- Theodelinda, Queen of the Lombards (570 - 628)
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Theodelinde's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Bob Fields, Ted Williams, David Rentschler, and Living Harder. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On July 28, 2015 at 06:08GMT Renee Malloy wrote: