- Ann (Bourne) Brownell's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Anne Bourne (aka Bourn) was baptized on 15 February 1606/7 at St. Michael's, Cornhill, London, Middlesex, England, the daughter of Richard Bourne and Judith Cowper. 
Anne Bourne married Thomas Brownell, son of Robert Brownell and Mary Wilson, on 20 March 1637 at St Bennet's, Paul's Warf, London, England. Anne Bourne and Thomas Brownell immigrated in 1638.
Children of Anne Bourne and Thomas Brownell are:
- Mary Brownell b. 8 Dec 1639, d. 12 Jan 1738/39, married Robert Hazard
- Sarah Brownell b. 1642, d. 16 Sep 1676, married Gideon Freeborn on June 1, 1658
- Martha Brownell b. 1 May 1643, d. 15 Feb 1743/44, married 1) Jeremiah Wall, in 1658 and 2) Charles Dyer
- George B. Brownell b. May 1646, d. 20 Apr 1718, married Susannah Pearce on December 4, 1673
- Ann Brownell b. 2 Apr 1647, d. 21 Apr 1747
- William Brownell+ b. 1648, d. b 1 Aug 1715, married Sarah Smiton
- Thomas Brownell b. 1650, d. 18 May 1732, married Mary Pearce
- Robert Brownell b. 1652, d. 12 Jul 1728, married Mary (Ladd?)
- Susanna Brownell b. 2 Jun 1655
Thomas Brownell met an untimely death on Sep. 24, 1664 and was buried in the George Brownell Lot, in Portsmouth, Newport County, Rhode Island. Anne (Bourne/Bourn) Brownell died Oct. 24, 1666, in Portsmouth and was buried with him.
According to her Find A Grave Memorial, Ann is the daughter of Thomas Bourne and Elizabeth Martha Rouse. The administrator of the memorial refers to "extensive information about Thomas and his wife Anne Bourne at this web site: http://brownellfamily.rootsweb.ancestry.com/ The memorial gives this additional information: "Note: According to grussell2005 - Stone is no longer visable. Since Thomas and Anne both died before Aquidneck Island had a stone carver, it isn't likely that their graves were ever marked with an inscribed stone (not to say that one could have been emplaced at a later date). More importantly, no inventory of Portsmouth historical cemeteries (dating back over 100 years) cite a listing for Thomas and Anne, hence my statement below. This is not to say that they are not buried in PO005, just to say there is no evidence one way or another. The original land holdings of Thomas do encompass the cemetery, but I don't believe that allows any positive conclusions other than they are probably buried somewhere on the property. 
- ↑ The Brownell chronicle : the lives and times of the Brownell family, by Bill Brownell, Lion Publications, Los Angeles, Vol. 1 no. 2 (1994)
- ↑ http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=brownell&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=42&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=24314253&df=all&
- Source S1104
- Call Number: CS71.R52
- Title: Samuel Richardson and Josiah Ellsworth
- Author: Richardson, Ruth Ellsworth
- Publication: Private Publisher, 1974
- Abbreviation: Samuel Richardson and Josiah Ellsworth
- Note: History and genealogy of the Richardson and Ellsworth families of Massachusetts
- Source Media Type: Book
- Source S149
- Title: World Family Tree, CD Rom Disk
- Author: Family Tree Maker
- Abbreviation: World Family Tree, CD Rom Disk
- Note: NS412443
- Source Media Type: Manuscript
- Source S16
- Call Number: RI929.2 All
- Title: The Allen Families and 83 Connected Families
- Author: Devere Allen
- Publication: Wilton, Connecticut, January 1947
- Abbreviation: The Allen Families and 83 Connected Families
- Note: NS325583
- Source Media Type: Manuscript
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
- Deleting contributors as Profile Managers Oct 3, 2012.
No known carriers of Ann's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On May 19, 2016 at 02:02GMT Kenneth Shelton wrote:
On March 30, 2016 at 14:34GMT J. Salsbery wrote:
On December 30, 2014 at 19:53GMT Cheryl Hammond wrote:
On April 9, 2014 at 11:49GMT Amy Hubley-Morris wrote:
Ann is 14 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 46 degrees from Anne Frank, 17 degrees from AJ Jacobs and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.