Anne Bourne was also known as Anne Bourn. She was baptized on 15 February 1606/7 at St. Michael's, Cornhill, London, Middlesex, England. She was the daughter of Richard Bourne and Judith Cowper. Anne Bourne married Thomas Brownell, son of Robert Brownell and Mary Wilson, on 20 March 1637 at St Bennet's, Paul's Warf, London, England. Anne Bourne and Thomas Brownell immigrated in 1638. Anne Bourne died after 24 October 1666 at Portsmouth, Newport County, Rhode Island.
Children of Anne Bourne and Thomas Brownell Mary Brownell b. 8 Dec 1639, d. 12 Jan 1738/39 Sarah Brownell b. 1642, d. 16 Sep 1676 Martha Brownell b. 1 May 1643, d. 15 Feb 1743/44 George Brownell b. May 1646, d. 20 Apr 1718 Ann Brownell b. 2 Apr 1647, d. 21 Apr 1747 William Brownell+ b. 1648, d. b 1 Aug 1715 Thomas Brownell b. 1650, d. 18 May 1732 Robert Brownell b. 1652, d. 12 Jul 1728 Susanna Brownell b. 2 Jun 1655
- Source S1104
- Call Number: CS71.R52
- Title: Samuel Richardson and Josiah Ellsworth
- Author: Richardson, Ruth Ellsworth
- Publication: Private Publisher, 1974
- Abbreviation: Samuel Richardson and Josiah Ellsworth
- Note: History and genealogy of the Richardson and Ellsworth families of Massachusetts
- Source Media Type: Book
- Source S149
- Title: World Family Tree, CD Rom Disk
- Author: Family Tree Maker
- Abbreviation: World Family Tree, CD Rom Disk
- Note: NS412443
- Source Media Type: Manuscript
- Source S16
- Call Number: RI929.2 All
- Title: The Allen Families and 83 Connected Families
- Author: Devere Allen
- Publication: Wilton, Connecticut, January 1947
- Abbreviation: The Allen Families and 83 Connected Families
- Note: NS325583
- Source Media Type: Manuscript
Inscription: Note: According to grussell2005 - Stone is no longer visable. Since Thomas and Anne both died before Aquidneck Island had a stone carver, it isn't likely that their graves were ever marked with an inscribed stone (not to say that one could have been emplaced at a later date). More importantly, no inventory of Portsmouth historical cemeteries (dating back over 100 years) cite a listing for Thomas and Anne, hence my statement below. This is not to say that they are not buried in PO005, just to say there is no evidence one way or another. The original land holdings of Thomas do encompass the cemetery, but I don't believe that allows any positive conclusions other than they are probably buried somewhere on the property Ann is the daughter of Thomas Bourne and Elizabeth Martha Rouse.
There is extensive information about Thomas and his wife Anne Bourne at this web site. http://brownellfamily.rootsweb.ancestry.com/
Burial: Brownell Lot Portsmouth Newport County Rhode Island, USA
Searching for someone else?
- Sarah Ann Bourne
- Lucy Ann Bourne
- Billye A. (Bourne) Roberts
- Mary Ann Brownell
- Ann Dorothy (Green) Brownell
- Ann Nancy Bourne
- Kathleen Ann Brownell
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
- Deleting contributors as Profile Managers Oct 3, 2012.
No known carriers of Ann's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On April 9, 2014 Amy Hubley-Morris wrote: