- James Brannan's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
|This person settled in the US Southern Colonies Prior to incorporation into the USA.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the US Southern Colonies Project!
James Brannan, son of Caren and Morgrave (Bryan) Brannan, was born in Richmond County, Virginia on October 13, 1720, and died April 6, 1752. He married Wilmoth Betty Dudley. Betty was born September 7, 1719 in Richmond County and died in 1803.
Children of James and Wilmoth Betty (Dudley) Brannan:
- Mary b.Oct 8 1743 d. 1827m. ----- Howell m. John Watson
- William H. b.Jun 21 1745 d. 1802m. Catherine ? m. Scarberry Sarah Blackwell
- Betty b.Feb 27 1748 
Descendants of James spell their name Brannan or Brannan.
- Note: Wills of Richmond Co., VA 1699-1800 by Robert K. Headly, Jr.
- p.162 - James BRANNAN, nuc. will; 9 Mar 1752, 6 Apr 1752
- Depostion of Thomas Dudley. . .on Wednesday the 26th of February last, James Brannan, who was then sick, called to him. . .and told him he was sure he should die in a little time and said he desired after his death, the land he then lived on should be sold to raise money to pay for the land he had purchased in Nottoway, and if the land should sell for any more money than paid for the Nottoway land, he gave it to be eq. div. amongst his wife and chil. and desired his wife might have his est. inventoried and appraised and then his chil. would get their parts; Hannah LINDSEY made essentially the same deposition. [James and Wilmoth BRANNAN had the foll. chil: Mary (b. 1743), William (b. 1745), and Betty (b.1748). NFPR, p.21]
- Wills of Richmond Co., VA 1699-1800 by Robert K. Headly, Jr.
- WikiTree profile Brannan-40 created through the import of Reynolds8-18-11.ged on Aug 18, 2011 by Christina Miller. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Christina and others.
- Source: S21 Record ID Number: MH:S21 User ID: FE0B3853-7F38-4F93-A926-B5FACC6F1965 Author: Douglas Sherry Title: Sherry - Tyger Web Site Text: MyHeritage.com family tree CONT Family site: Sherry - Tyger Web Site CONT Family tree: sherry Media: 11423251-1 Type: Smart Matching Page: James Brannon Event: Smart Matching Role: 1002315 Data: Date: 21 MAR 2010 Text: Added by confirming a Smart Match Quality or Certainty of Data: 3
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with James by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share significant DNA with James:
- Edward Stonebraker - 23andMe
GEDMatch ID M162402
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Don Stone, Paula J, and Christina Miller. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On April 4, 2015 at 17:42GMT Karen Tobo wrote:
On January 25, 2015 at 10:57GMT Don Stone wrote: