- Reginald (Braose) de Brewes's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Father William de Brewes, Lord of Abergavenny, Brecon, & Ower Gwent, Seigneur de Briouze b. c 1144, d. 9 Aug 1211
Mother Matilda (Maud) de St. Valerie b. c 1138, d. 1210Sir Reginald de Brewes, Baron of Kington, Lord of Abergavenny, Brecon, Hay, & Radnor married Grace de Briwere, daughter of Sir William de Briwere, Lord Horsley, Sheriff of Devon, Dorset, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Northamptonshire, Derbyshire, Cornwall, Sussex, Wiltshire, & Gloucestershire and Beatrice de Vaux; They had 1 son (Sir William). Sir Reginald de Brewes, Baron of Kington, Lord of Abergavenny, Brecon, Hay, & Radnor was born circa 1171 at of Bramber, Sussex, England. He married Gladys 'the Black', Princess of Wales, daughter of Llywelyn 'the Great', Prince of Gwynedd, Aberffraw, Lord Snowdon and Joan, Princess of England, in 1215; No issue.
Sir Reginald de Brewes, Baron of Kington, Lord of Abergavenny, Brecon, Hay, & Radnor died circa 9 June 1228 at of Brecon, Breconshire, Wales; Buried in the Priory church of Brecon.
- Grace de Briwere b. c 1186, d. b 1215
- Mary de Brewes b. c 1200
- John de Brewes b. c 1202
- Sir William de Brewes, 6th Baron de Brewes, Lord Brecknock, Abergavenny b. c 1204, d. 2 May 1230
- Loretta de Brewes b. c 1204
- Mathilda Brewes b. c 1206
- Gladys 'the Black', Princess of Wales b. c 1200, d. 1251
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 520.
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 554.
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. V, p. 300
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry: 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 425
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Reginald's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Ted Williams, Bob Carson, Bob Fields, Tim Perry, and Becky Bierbrodt. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On July 8, 2015 at 13:27GMT Tim Perry wrote:
On July 7, 2015 at 01:54GMT Doug Lockwood wrote:
On July 7, 2015 at 01:53GMT Doug Lockwood wrote: