- Reynold (Braose) de Brewes's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Titles of Reynold de Brewes: (Royal Ancestry)
- Lord of Abergavenny, Brecon, Hay, Radnor, etc.
Father William de Brewes, Lord of Abergavenny, Brecon, & Ower Gwent, Seigneur de Briouze b. c 1144, d. 9 Aug 1211
Mother Matilda (Maud) de St. Valerie b. c 1138, d. 1210
Sir Reginald de Brewes, Baron of Kington, Lord of Abergavenny, Brecon, Hay, & Radnor married Grace de Briwere, daughter of Sir William de Briwere, Lord Horsley, Sheriff of Devon, Dorset, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Northamptonshire, Derbyshire, Cornwall, Sussex, Wiltshire, & Gloucestershire and Beatrice de Vaux; They had 1 son (Sir William).
Sir Reginald de Brewes, Baron of Kington, Lord of Abergavenny, Brecon, Hay, & Radnor was born circa 1171 at of Bramber, Sussex, England.
He married Gladys 'the Black', Princess of Wales, daughter of Llywelyn 'the Great', Prince of Gwynedd, Aberffraw, Lord Snowdon and Joan, Princess of England, in 1215; No issue.
Sir Reginald de Brewes, Baron of Kington, Lord of Abergavenny, Brecon, Hay, & Radnor died circa 9 June 1228 at of Brecon, Breconshire, Wales; Buried in the Priory church of Brecon.
Note. The Priory Church of Brecon is now known as Brecon Cathedral - formerly The Parish Church of St. John the Evangelist Brecon (Brecon Priory). It was founded on the site in 1093 as a Norman Benedictine priory church. Few parts of the original building remain in the present day - most of what is now visible was from the 13th and 14th centuries and has been virtually unchanged externally for the last 600 years. The Priory, as such, ceased to exist in 1538 in the Dissolution of the Monasteries, but the church continued to serve as the parish church for the people of Brecon. At present the Cathedral is set in a walled close, unique in Wales, and is regarded as one of the finest buildings.
- Grace de Briwere b. c 1186, d. b 1215
- Mary de Brewes b. c 1200
- John de Brewes b. c 1202
- Sir William de Brewes, 6th Baron de Brewes, Lord Brecknock, Abergavenny b. c 1204, d. 2 May 1230
- Loretta de Brewes b. c 1204
- Mathilda Brewes b. c 1206
- Gladys 'the Black', Princess of Wales b. c 1200, d. 1251
- Royal Ancestry 2013 Vol. I p. 555-556
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 520.
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 554.
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. V, p. 300
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry: 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 425
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Reynold's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Bob Carson, Bob Fields, Tim Perry, Ted Williams, and Becky Bierbrodt. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On July 8, 2015 at 13:27GMT Tim Perry wrote:
On July 7, 2015 at 01:54GMT Doug Lockwood wrote:
On July 7, 2015 at 01:53GMT Doug Lockwood wrote:
Reynold is 26 degrees from AJ Jacobs on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.