- Elizabeth (Brewster) Christophers's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Elizabeth Brewster, the daughter of Jonathan Brewster and Lucretia Oldham, was born May 1, 1637;. She married Sept. 7, 1653, Peter Bradley, died April 3, 1662.
OF NOTE- It appears that Elizabeth (Brewster) Bradley had been accused of some scandalous behavior: MB&D, Roser I:261, 262, Footnote 6: Christopher’s wife Mary died in July of 1676. Connecticut county court records at New London, September,1673, however, tell an interesting story. About three years before Chistophers wife’s death, it seems that Elizabeth “Brawly” [Bradley, by then a widow with four children] was found guilty of fornication with Christopher Christophers who was a “married man,” the second of such offenses, and she was now “neare the time of delivery.” Delaying punishing due to her condition, the court nonetheless noted the “haniousness” of this crime and stated that she was to appear in public at a later date displaying the notice: “Let the punishment of my whore dome be a warning to others; or else to pay fifteen pound fyne.” Elizabeth chose to pay the fine. Despite this fact the Brewsters recorded the birth of John Christopers as the son of Christopher and his wife Elizabeth <Brewster Book, MD 1:7
- BIOGRAPHY: 'Munsey-Hopkin Genealogy, A' Elizabeth, b. at Plymouth (now Duxbury), 1 May 1637; d. at New Lodon, Ct, Feb. 1708; m. 1) at New London, 7 Sept. 1635, Peter Bradley, d. at New London, 3. Apr. 1662 (sic June 1663); m. 2) prob. at New London aft. 13 July 1676, Christopher Christopher, b. Eng. ca. 1631; d. at New London, 23 July 1687. He m. 1) in Eng., Mary----; d. at New london, 13 July 1676
- Ancestral File Number: 8LFX-XJ
- Alt. Death: 11 Nov 1713 Plymouth, Massachusetts
- Alt. Burial: 11 Nov 1713 Plymouth, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States
- The Mayflower Descendant (Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants) Vol. 1, Page 7
- Edmund West, comp. Family Data Collection - Individual Records (Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2001)
- Birth year: 1636; Birth city: ; Birth state: MA. Birth date: 1636 Birth place: MA Death date: 11 November 1713 Death place: Plymouth, MA
- Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Name: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members.
- FamilySearch (http://new.familysearch.org) The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- accessed 31 May 2010), entry for Elizabeth Brewster, person ID KN6F-KTR.
- Ancestral File (TM): Author: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: Publication: July 1996 (c), data as of 2 January 1996
- <http://www.familycentral.net/index/family.cfm?ref1=6049:625&ref2=6049:1181 />
- <https://theplantersforsyth.wordpress.com/mayflower-connection/ />
- <http://dgmgenealogy.info/HowlandDescendants/ps06/ps06_009.htm />
Searching for someone else?
- Elizabeth (Scales) Brewster
- Elizabeth (Peery) Brewster
- Elizabeth (Freeman) Brewster
- Elizabeth (Ellis) Brewster
- Elizabeth (DeWolf) Brewster
- Elizabeth (Brewster) Owens
- Elizabeth Smith Brewster
- Nellie Elizabeth (Brewster) Foster
- Elizabeth (Brewster) White
- Elizabeth (Brewster) Pruett
- Marian Elizabeth Brewster
- Elizabeth (Brewster) Thompson
- Elizabeth (Brewster) Sherburne
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Elizabeth's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Merry Ann Palmer and Steve Turley. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.