- Mary (Brooks) Minott's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
1) Concord Births
Mary Brookes ye daughter of Noah Brookes & Dorothy his wife was Borne July y 25th 1699.
2) Concord Deaths
MINOTT, Mary, Mrs., w. Mr. Timothy, Feb. 15, 1760 [Æ 61 GS].
3) Burial:Old Hill Burying Ground, Concord, Middlesex, Massachusetts
Mary Brooks Minott
Birth: Jan. 25, 1699 Death: Feb. 15, 1760
Inscription: Mrs MARY MINOT late consort of TIMOTHY MINOT A.M. Who Departed this Life Febry 15 1760 Æt. 61. A person truly of great worth, eminent in Piety, ??? amiable for her Wisdom, Modesty, Meekness, Patience, ??? & Charity. Exemplary in the graces & virtues which belong to the christian life. The woman that feareth the Lord she shall be praised.
4) Rev. Timothy Minot, gr. HC 1718; m. 1st Mary Brooks, who d. Feb. 15, 1760, a. 61, and 'her name' says the record of her death, 'is like precious ointment. ' His 2nd wife was widow Beulah Brown of Sudbury, who d. April 13, 1786, a. 92. He d. Nov. 30, 1778, a. 86.
His children were:
Timothy, b. April 8, 1726; m. Mary Martin.
Mary, b. Dec. 27, 1730; m. Tilly Merrick, July 30, 1752.
Stephen, b. Jan. 30, 1732; gr. HC 1751; was about to settle as a minister at Portland, but d. Sept. 3, 1759, a. 27.
Timothy and Mary were 2nd cousins. They had 5 children.
1) Concord, Massachusetts births, marriages, and deaths, 1635-1850: THE CONCORD REGISTERS Book II
2) Vital Records of Concord, Massachusetts to the Year 1850
3) Find A Grave Memorial# 24233926
4) The New England Historical & Genealogical Register, Volume 1 by S G Drake
- WikiTree profile Brooks-4397 through the import of Children of James Minott 1653-1735.ged on Oct 2, 2013.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Mary's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.