Daughter Mary Armilda Rice Stone (1836 - 1909)* Charlotte "Lotty" Brooks, the youngest child of Jonathan and Peggy Brooks, was born on October 25, 1805. Charlotte had not yet married in 1827 when her father died. She married Clark Rice in nearby Clark County on April 19, 1832. His birthdate was September 27, 1805. The marriage bond indicates that Charlotte was the daughter of Peggy Brooks, who gave consent. Polly Oliver was a witness, and William Brock was bondsman. The 1850 Clark County Census gives this data about the household: Clark Rice 45 m farmer Charlotte “ 45 f Margaret “ 17 f Nancy “ 15 f Mary A. “ 14 f James C. “ 12 m Narcissa “ 8 f Gelina “ 7 f John W. “ 5 m Tilford “ 3 m William Parker 23 m Charlotte died on January 5, 1872; and Clark Rice died on March 11, 1877. They are buried in the Rice Graveyard off the White-Conkwright Road. The stones give their birth and death dates.
- ↑ Entered by Cheryl Caudill.
Thanks to Cheryl Caudill for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Cheryl and others.
Searching for someone else?
- Charlotte Brooks
- Charlotte A. Brooks
- Charlotte M. Rice
- Charlotte Brooks
- Mary Charlotte (Harington) Rice
- Charlotte Gray (Brooks) Everett
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Charlotte's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.