This person was created through the import of Shortened files.ged on 30 December 2010. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Date: 1655/56
- Place: Watertown, Middlesex Co MA
Imported only 1655 from Birth Date and marked as uncertain.
- Note: @N4850@
- @N4850@ NOTE
- The foundations of the house of Joshua Brooks (son of Noah, who married Dorothy Potter, son of Joshua, son of Thomas) have been found in Concord MA, in the National Battle Road Park. Park headquarters have information on this.
- User ID: D45EE873E8D0462291BBBB6CB5BD45845B43
- Data Changed:
- Date: 20 AUG 2010
Prior to import, this record was last changed 20 AUG 2010.
Noah Brooks, son of Deacon Joshua Brooks, was born in 1657; d. February 1, 1738. He lived in that part of Concord which became the town of Acton. He married Dorothy Wright of Sudbury, who died March 15, 1750. Children Thomas B. May 18, 1701. (p. 2599)
Noah Brooks, son of Joshua and Hannah (Mason) Brooks; born 1666; died February 1, 1739; married Dorothy Potter. (p. 374)
Noah Brooks of Concord, afterwards of Acton, m. Dorothy Wright of Sudbury. When Acton was set off from Concord and incorporated July 3 1735 his farm was included in the new town. He d. Feb 1, 1738, aged 82, and his wid. d. Mar 15, 1750 aged 90.1684: Witness of an Indian deed Selectman 1702: 04::09 Selectman (p. 721-2))
Children:Dorothy b. Oct, 18, 1686; m. Mar. 24, 1705 Joseph Merriam. Joshua b. 14 Oct. 1688; d. 26 June 1768; Deacon of Lincoln; m. Apr. 24, 1713 Lidia Wheeler. Ebenezer b. Feb. 14, 1690; m. June 17 1714, Sarah Fletcher dau. of Francis Fletcher; moved to Grafton Mass where he d. about 1770. Samuel b. May 14 1694; m Elizabeth ___. unable to find any related source Benjamin b. Apr. 22, 1698; m. Sarah Heywood. Mary b. 1700; m Timothy Minot, her 2nd cousin b. 18 June 1694, son of James and Rebecca Wheeler. Thomas b. 18 Mar. 1701; m. 24 June 1725 Hannah Dakin. Elizabeth b. 1704; m. Feb. 23, 1728 John Miles. (p. 722)
[NOTE: There is some confusion over Dorothy, wife of Noah, some texts indicate her name was Potter, others Wright]
Noah Broks, Husband to Dorothy his Wife, Died February 1, 1738-9 in ye 83rd year of his age. (p. 143)
Concord Births: Children
BROOKESBenjamin, s. Noah and Dorothy, Apr. 28, 1698. (p. 45) Dorothy, d. Noah and Dorothy, Oct. 15, 1685. (p. 34) Ebenezer, s. Noah and Dorothy, Feb. 14, 1691-2. (p. 34) Elizebeth, d. Noah and Dorothy, Feb. 27, 1703-4. (p. 60) Joshua, s. Noah and Dorothy, Oct. 14, 1688. (p. 30) Mary, d. Noah and Dorothy, July 25, 1699. (p. 47) Thomas, s. Noah and Dorothy, May 28, 1701. (p. 51)
BROKS, Noah, h. Dorothy, Feb. 1, 1738-9, a. 83 y. (p. 143)
BROOKS, Dorothy, wid. Noah, Mar. 15, 1752, a. abt. 90 y. CH (p. 415)
Burial: Old Hill Burying Ground Concord, Middlesex, Massachusetts
Noah Brooks Birth: Oct. 14, 1656, Concord Death: Feb. 1, 1738 Concord
Inscription: Noah Brooks, in the 82d year of his age; son of Joshua and Hannah Brooks.
- ↑ Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of the State of Massachusetts, Volume 4 by William Richard Cutter, William Frederick Adams Lewis historical publishing Company, 1910
- ↑ Historic Homes and Institutions and Genealogical and Personal Memoirs of Worcester County, Massachusetts: With a History of Worcester Society of Antiquity, Volume 4 by Ellery Bicknell Crane Lewis Publishing Company, 1907
- ↑ Genealogies of the Families and Descendants of the Early Settlers of Watertown, Massachusetts, Including Waltham and Weston: To which is Appended the Early History of the Town by Henry Bond, Horatio Gates Jones New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1860
- ↑ Concord, Massachusetts births, marriages, and deaths, 1635-1850:THE CONCORD REGISTERS Book II
- ↑ Vital Records of Concord Massachusetts to the Year 1850
- ↑ Find A Grave Memorial# 20670785
- ↑ Profile Entered by Chris Hoyt, 4 April 2012.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Noah's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson and Chris Hoyt. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.