- William Brown's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
William Brown was a South Carolina Veteran
in the War of 1812
Visit the War of 1812 Project to learn more
Served in the War of 1812.
Burial: Washburn Cemetery, Bells, Grayson County, Texas, USA
- "United States Census, 1850," index and images, FamilySearch: accessed 25 March 2015, William Brown, Benton, Newton, Missouri, United States; citing family 356, NARA microfilm publication M432 (Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.).
- "United States Census, 1860," index, FamilySearch: accessed 25 March 2015, Wm Brown, Richwoods Township, McDonald, Missouri, United States; from "1860 U.S. Federal Census - Population," database, Fold3.com (http://www.fold3.com : n.d.); citing p. 61, household ID 408, NARA microfilm publication M653 (Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.); FHL microfilm 803,633.
- "United States Census, 1870," index and images, FamilySearch: accessed 25 March 2015, Wm Brown, Texas, United States; citing p. 96, family 682, NARA microfilm publication M593 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.); FHL microfilm 553,087.
- Find-a-Grave Memorial ID#73095492, created by K Haden
- WikiTree profile Brown-8093 created through the import of Comstock for Wiki.ged on Jul 27, 2011 by Kay Haden. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Kay and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with William by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share significant DNA with William:
- Heather Brown - 23andMe
GEDMatch ID M203567
- Karen Adamson - 23andMe
GEDMatch ID 9990634
- Karen Adamson - AncestryDNA
- Karen Adamson - Family Tree DNA Family Finder
GEDMatch ID F209716
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.