- Arthur Bryant's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- User ID: E5D945FC-75A2-43DE-B90A-8C4CD1C4DA8E
- Record ID Number: MH:IF3414
- Date: 1730
- Place: Bertie County, North Carolina
- User ID: B92D4181-B752-4A1D-BF3B-7F2D9C492908
- Record ID Number: MH:IF3415
- Date: JAN 1811
- Place: Wayne County, North Carolina
Record ID Number
- Record ID Number: MH:I2592
- User ID: F73E8724-7BFF-42B6-8B65-25ED5652C0CB
- Note: 1 _UPD 06 DEC 2009 12:53:42 GMT-6
- 2 _UID 6C459AA2-C633-4BAE-910C-067A6109D9C6
- 2 _UID F75084E9-643A-4DF8-9DA4-C5C144E90E76
- This information from Spreng/Teague/Shaw/Cassidy etc. website.
- "Rich Square MM was located in Northhampton Co., NC, and was organized in 1760 by authority of Eastern Quarterly Meeting. The Rich Square settlement began about 1750, and the meeting for worship was set up in 1753. The meeting house was completed in 1760. Besides the larger body of Friends in the community about Rich Square, the montly meeting had members in Edgecombe and Hertford Counties. In 1782 the Tar River Friends, in Edgecombe Co., were transferred to Contentnea MM, and Fishing Creek was made the dividing line between the two MM."
- William Wade Hinshaw, "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", Volume 1, page 205
- On March 7, 1761, Arthur Bryant requested membership in Rich Square MM
- On September 4, 1762, Arthur was chosen overseer for Rich Square MM
- On February 15, 1772, Arthur requested a certificate of unity to submit to militia officers as he was called upon to act in obeyance of the law; he also requested a certificate for himself and his family to Falling Creek MM, NC
- The Falling Creek MM was located in Johnson County when it was established in 1748. Records for this MM begin in 1772 and are combined with those of Contentnea MM
- On June 1, 1772, Arthur and wife and children were received of certificate, dated May 16, 1772, in Northampton, Co.
- On December 12, 1778, daughter Elizabeth requested marriage certificate with Levi Lancaster
- On December 13, 1783, daughters Catherine and Mary requested marriage certificated ......Catherine with Rise Price and Mary with Robert Griffin
- More about Arthur Briant
- History: 1782, He deeded 2 acres "including the meeting house" to the Quaker Church.
- Property 1: December 1754, He bought 400 acres on Urahaw Swamp from his father, James, for 40 pounds.
- Property 2: 1755, He sold the 400 acres on Urahaw Swamp to Robert Peele for 125 pounds.
- Religion 1: 1761, He joined the Quaker Church and was made an overseer of the Rich Square Monthly Meeting.
- Religion 2: 1772, He applied for a certificate to transfer his family's meeting place to Great Contentnea. Several families of "Friends" settled in this area and agreed to hold their monthly meetings at the house of Arthur Briant.
- Source: 1978, "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy" by William Wade Hinshaw
- Data Changed:
- Date: 23 APR 2011
- Time: 15:41:30
- Date: 23 APR 2011
Prior to import, this record was last changed 15:41:30 23 APR 2011.
- WikiTree profile Bryant-1234 created through the import of Family Nov 2011.GED on Sep 6, 2011 by Jim Tarbet. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Jim and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Arthur by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Arthur:
- James Kendrick : AncestryDNA + Family Tree DNA Family Finder + Autosomal DNA Test
- Tom McAllister : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A635562, Ancestry member jamc1940 + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch A635562, FTDNA kit #348271
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Arthur is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 38 degrees from Anne Frank, 19 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 26 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.