Martha Bulloch was a southern lady, born in Hartford, Connecticut.
Martha married on Dec. 22, 1853 to Theodore "Thee" Roosevelt Sr. [1831-1878]
Their four children: Anna R. Cowles (Jan. 18, 1855 - Aug. 25, 1931)- married William Cowles, Theodore "T.R." Roosevelt Jr. (1858 - 1919) - 26th President of the United States Elliott Roosevelt (1860 - 1894) - father of First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt - she married FDR, 32nd President of the United States Corinne R. Robinson (Sept. 27, 1861 - Feb. 17, 1933) - married Douglas Robinson
Martha "Mittie" Bulloch Roosevelt died on Feb. 14, 1884 in the same house and the same day as her daughter-in-law, Alice Hathaway Roosvelt (Martha died of typhoid fever). Martha was age 49.
TR described his mother - "My mother, Martha Bulloch, was a sweet, gracious, beautiful Southern woman, a delightful companion and beloved by everybody. She was entirely "unreconstructed" (sympathetic to the Southern Confederate cause) to the day of her death.” Friends described her as “a glowing, quick-witted, narrow-waisted black-haired beauty”.
http://bullochhall.org/index.html says "The summer of 1835 found the Bulloch family living in Hartford, Connecticut ... on July 8, 1835, a daughter named Martha (Mittie) was born. The family remained in the North until shortly before their move to upcountry Georgia."
This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files.
Title: www.fdrlibrary.marist.edu/children Text: www.fdrlibrary.marist.edu/children, accessed March 13, 2007
This person was created on 05 December 2010 through the import of My Family File 8.ged.
- WikiTree profile Bulloch-17 created through the import of Cole Coles Cowles Family Tree.ged on Jul 4, 2011 by Jeff Cole. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Jeff and others.
- WikiTree profile Bulloch-23 created through the import of Cheney 21 Feb 2012.ged on Feb 21, 2012 by Deborah Mayes. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Deborah and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Martha's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Jeff Cole and Deborah Mayes. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On December 26, 2013 at 22:07GMT Bob Fields wrote: