This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- Name: Thomas /Bunn/
- Given Name: Thomas
- Surname: Bunn
- Name Suffix: Physician at Jamestown
The suffix Physician at Jamestown is non-traditional and may be too long for the WikiTree suffix.
- Date: ABT 1590
- SDATE 1 JUL 1590
- Place: England
- User ID: 85B9D6BA6CA74A4E91732849F689666033D5
- Data Changed:
- Date: 6 AUG 2010
Prior to import, this record was last changed 6 AUG 2010.
- Note: The first generation of the Bunn family in America started with Dr. Thomas Bunn, Surgeon and Physician of Jamestown, VA., who lived in Jamestown, Virginia in 1621. The exact date Dr. Bunn migrated to the new world from England is not known, however, records show that he filed claims for payment against two patients who did not pay for his services in 1621 & 1622.
- Thomas Bunn I, a surgeon, was outfitted by the Virginia Company of London and sent to Virginia in 1620. He lived in a household on the Governor's Land near Jamestown and testified at an inquest into the 1624 death of a servant named Elizabeth Abbott. Numerous accounts document the settlers' demands for Bunn's medical skills. In 1626, he successfully sued an indentured servant who was compelled to serve an additional month. The same servant later apologized for making false accusations.
- Date: 1620
- SDATE 1 JUL 1620
- Place: Jamestown Colony, Virginia
- Date: 1623
- SDATE 1 JUL 1623
- Place: Jamestown
- WikiTree profile Bunn-98 created through the import of Tap.ged on Sep 16, 2011 by Richard Draper. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Richard and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Thomas's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.