George was born in 1844. George Butler ... He passed away in 1928. 
Do you have information about Butler? Please contribute to his biography. Everything on WikiTree is a collaborative work-in-progress.
MR,. G. T. T. BUTLER
Mr. George Thomas Thankful But ler, who died! suddenly at his home, Inverell, on December 15, was well known throughout New South "Wales'. Mr. Butler was born at Maitland in 1844, and was a son of the late Mr. Spencer Butler. He went to Inverell 60 years ago, and managed numerous grazing properties, including Auburn Vale, Bukkulla, Newstead and King's Plain. After relinquishing the management of King's Plain Mr. Butler went to Lismore and engaged in dairying, and was a director of the North Coast Butter Factory. When Byron Station was subdivided in 1907 Mr. Butler purchased "Ormonde Vale*' (near Inverell), which he successfully conducted until three years ago,, when he retired. Mr. Butler was the first secretary of the Inverell P. and A. Association, and was the organiser of the first Inverell district exhibit. He was a great judge of wool. Mr. Butler was a prominent members of the Anglican Church, .and a service was held at St. Augustine's, Inverell, prior to the funeral. Mr. Butler is survived by five children, one of whom is Mrs. E. A. Thomas (Chats- wood), a well-known worker for the Church of England homes and similar charities.
- ↑ Entered by Paul Bech, Feb 7, 2013
Thanks to Paul Bech for starting this profile.
Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Paul and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of George's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.