- Lord Butler's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This biography was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import. It's a rough draft and needs to be edited.
- Name: Lord /Butler/
- Name Prefix: Gen.
- Date: 18 MAR 1824
- Place: Wilkes Barre, PA
- Note: #N1094
- User ID: 0A069CF9132E4CDBA589C535A7958B868235
- Data Changed:
- Date: 17 JUN 2009
Prior to import, this record was last changed 17 JUN 2009.
- ↑ Butler-5492 was created by John McVey through the import of Butler-64.ged on Jan 11, 2014. This comment and citation can be deleted after the biography has been edited and primary sources are included.
- ↑ Source: #S42
- ↑ Source: #S114
- Source: S114 Text: Buckingham, Hal, Sketches of Sayre, Butler family trees based on interviews with Harriet Noyes, February, 2008. A pdf file located in Reunion Documents folder.
- Source: S42 Text: Sayre Genealogy chart from Harriet Sayre Noyes via Hal Buckingham, 8/2004
- Note N1094
- Said to be the first to ship anthracite coal by river and canal from Wilkes Barre (1811).
- General Butler was the first sheriff of the county of Luzerne. He was brigadier general of Pennsylvania militia; member of the Supreme Executive Council; prothonotary; clerk of the Orphans' Court and Court of Quarter Sessions; Register of Wills and Recorder of Deeds; was the first postmaster of Wilkes Barre, resigning in 1802 to take his seat in the State Legislature; was a member of the first town council of the borough of Wilkes Barre, president of that body; treasurer of Luzerne county, and county commissioner. He was one of the incorporators of Wilkes-Barre Academy, and a trustee, 1807-1824.
- Note: There is an extensive bio of Gen Lord Butler in , but it includes nothing on marriage(s) or family. See Google Book p. 510/615.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Lord's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Lord is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 23 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 33 degrees from Gene Kelly, 29 degrees from Bram Stoker and 21 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.