This biography was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import. It's a rough draft and needs to be edited.
- Name: Lord /Butler/
- Name Prefix: Gen.
- Date: 18 MAR 1824
- Place: Wilkes Barre, PA
- Note: #N1094
- User ID: 0A069CF9132E4CDBA589C535A7958B868235
- Data Changed:
- Date: 17 JUN 2009
Prior to import, this record was last changed 17 JUN 2009.
- ↑ Butler-5492 was created by John McVey through the import of Butler-64.ged on Jan 11, 2014. This comment and citation can be deleted after the biography has been edited and primary sources are included.
- ↑ Source: #S42
- ↑ Source: #S114
- Source: S114 Text: Buckingham, Hal, Sketches of Sayre, Butler family trees based on interviews with Harriet Noyes, February, 2008. A pdf file located in Reunion Documents folder.
- Source: S42 Text: Sayre Genealogy chart from Harriet Sayre Noyes via Hal Buckingham, 8/2004
- Note N1094
- Said to be the first to ship anthracite coal by river and canal from Wilkes Barre (1811).
- General Butler was the first sheriff of the county of Luzerne. He was brigadier general of Pennsylvania militia; member of the Supreme Executive Council; prothonotary; clerk of the Orphans' Court and Court of Quarter Sessions; Register of Wills and Recorder of Deeds; was the first postmaster of Wilkes Barre, resigning in 1802 to take his seat in the State Legislature; was a member of the first town council of the borough of Wilkes Barre, president of that body; treasurer of Luzerne county, and county commissioner. He was one of the incorporators of Wilkes-Barre Academy, and a trustee, 1807-1824.
- Note: There is an extensive bio of Gen Lord Butler in , but it includes nothing on marriage(s) or family. See Google Book p. 510/615.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Lord's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages:
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.