- Joseph Cantrell's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
About 1780 Joseph served in the Revolutionary War, at Raleigh, NC.
According to the 1790 census of Orange county, North Carolina, there were Six female children in this family, their names are undetermined. 
Joseph Cantrell was born about 1748 in New Castle County, Pennsylvania (now Delaware). He died between 1804 and 1806 in Hillsboro, North Carolina.
"Joseph Cantrell was probably born in New Castle County, Pennsylvania (now Delaware), and was a young boy when his parents moved to North Carolina. We could not learn the name of his wife, but he married in North Carolina and remained there the rest of this life. It is claimed That he was in the Revolutionary War and that his record is at Raleigh, North Carolina.
New Castle Co., (Now DE) PA
ABT MAY 1804 Hillsboro, NC
"He was executor of the will of his brother, Jacob Cantrill, in 1790, and His own will was Probated at Hillsboro, May 1804. It is probable that his wife died before He did, as her name is not mentioned in the will.
"WILL OF JOSEPH CANTRILL: "I give and bequeath to my beloved son, Isaac Cantrill, all my lands and tenement, Negroes, horses, cattle, hogs, sheep And poultry and working tools and all my debts due me and all my cash, Except twenty shilling I will and bequeath to Rachel Hensley, my beloved Daughter. To Sallie Davis, my beloved daughter, twenty shillings. To my Beloved son William Cantrell, twenty shillings. To my beloved daughter Mary McCooley, twenty shillings. To my beloved son, Benjamin Cantrill, Twenty shillings. I constitute my beloved son, Isaac Cantrill, my sole Executor of this my last will and testament. This to be my last will and Testament, in witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 3rd day of January, 1804. (Signed) Joseph Cantrill."
Cantrell-36 is using this same death date & place. More research is needed on figuring out which Joseph Cantrell is correct with this death date & place. 
- ↑ Research by Judia Kemper Terry
- ↑ THE CANTRILL - CANTRELL GENEALOGY, 1908, by Susan Cantrill Christie, pages 59 - 60.
- ↑ MG Pitts-33 12/24/2014
- WFT Vol. 73 Tree 0179.
- This person was created through the import of PittsPenn_2010-09-21.ged on 22 September 2010.
- WikiTree profile Cantrell-199 created through the import of My Family File072211.ged on Jul 25, 2011 by Grady Lucas. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Grady and others.
- Ancestry Family Trees http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=14836175&pid=177201815
- WikiTree profile Cantrell-499 created through the import of Lozon.ged on Jul 26, 2012 by Jamie Henderson. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Jamie and others.
- Ancestry Family Trees http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=23138780&pid=831
- Barry Williams, firsthand knowledge. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by Barry and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Joseph by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Glenn Cantrell - Family Tree DNA yDNA 67 markers
Family Tree DNA kit 232863
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Mindy Pitts, Jamie Lynn Henderson, and Barry Williams. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.