- d. 24 Oct 998
- 29 May 987 - 24 Oct 998: first "King of the Franks"
- succeeded the last Carolingian king, Louis V.
- p. Hugh the Great, Duke of the Franks and Hedwige of Saxony (c.910-c.965).
- m. 970 Adelaide of Aquitaine a.k.a. Adelaide of Poitiers.
- Gisela, or Gisele m. Hugh I, Count of Ponthieu
- Hedwig, or Hathui m. Reginar IV, Count of Hainaut
- Robert II
- ↑ The Historia Francorum Senonensis records the death in 998 of "Hugo rex" and his burial "in basilica beati Dyonisii martiris Parisius". The necrology of the abbey of Saint-Denis records the death "IX Kal Nov" of "Hugo rex".
- ↑ Elected HUGUES "Capet" King of France by an assembly of nobles at Senlis 29 May 987, after the death of Louis V King of France. He was consecrated at Noyon 1 Jun 987.
- ↑ dau. German king Henry the Fowler
- ↑ Wikipedia: Adelaide of Aquitaine; p. William III, Duke of Aquitaine and Adele of Normandy, daughter of Rollo of Normandy.
On October 8, 2011 Crickett Lile wrote:
Login to add your own memory.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Hugh by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Stiofan Perkins - Family Tree DNA yDNA 111 markers
Family Tree DNA kit 2684
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Gene Adkins and Tim O'Bryan. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On March 1, 2015 at 23:16GMT Robin Lee wrote:
On December 23, 2014 at 21:57GMT Bree Ogle wrote:
On November 30, 2014 at 22:00GMT Doug Lockwood wrote:
On September 3, 2014 at 03:42GMT Bob Fields wrote:
On February 12, 2014 at 00:25GMT Vic Watt wrote:
On October 27, 2013 at 20:43GMT Anonymous Anonymous wrote:
Hope you don't mind me doing this without asking.
On February 20, 2012 at 15:11GMT Roger Travis wrote:
On March 7, 2011 at 21:54GMT Krissi Love wrote: