- George M. Carson's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- Note: #H00593
- WikiTree profile Carson-550 created through the import of John Hazzard Carson.ged on Jul 18, 2011 by Connie Bradshaw. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Connie and others.
- Note H00593Never married. Served as postmaster at Pleasant Gardens from 1830 to 1844.
- McDowell County, North Carolina, Will Abstracts, 1842-1910:
- George M. Carson, 14 September 1857. Fall 1863. To Tench C. Carson as trustee, for the use of my nephew John M. Carson. Nephew John Carson, son of my brother William. Nephew William L. Carson, son of my brother William. Nephew George, son of my brother William. To Mary M. and Margaret, daus. of my brother J. L. Carson. To daus. of my brother William and Emily dau. of my brother Samuel P. Carson. EXEC. John Carson, William's son. Wit. John Mc. Hemphill, J. G. Biggerstaff. Codicil, 28 July 1863, to Rebecca Witson and Emily Carson children of Saml. P. Carson. Wm L. Carson has died. To George S. Carson. To Catherine Carson, dau. of Wm. M. Carson. WIT. B. S. Gaither, C. L. S. Corpening. 1-87.
- 1850 McDowell County Census, HH 702: Carson, George M., 46, M, Miner, NC, ,665 living with 12 Mulattos, 3 adult females and 9 children.
- 1860 McDowell County Census, Marion: Carson, George M., 55, born NC
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with George M. by comparing test results with other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with George M.:
- Ruth (Grigg) Holland : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #286669
- Benson Wills : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #257282
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
George M. is 26 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 24 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 26 degrees from Michael Phelps, 32 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 24 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.