This person was created through the import of Tribal Pages 0004.ged on 25 March 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- User ID: 6157EBFF8DD38240B62AE54BED53907F23EE
- Note: ref: database: austinrdon (11 Apr 2010) (published 22 Feb 2010)
- Thank you Don !
- 1. Genealogical Records: Virginia Land, Marriage, and ProbateRecords, 1639-1850
- Date: Dec 5, 1749
- Location: Spotsylvania Co., VA
- Record ID: 44042
- Description: Grantor
- Book Page: D
- Property: 25 a., whereon sd. George Carter's son Benjamin now liveth,etc., part of the tract whereon sd. George dwells, etc., etc.
- Remarks: George Carter of St. Geo. Par., Spts. Co., and Elizabeth,his wife, to John Pain of same Par. and county. £12 10s. curr. 25a.,wheron sd. George Carter's son Benjamin now liveth, etc., part of thetract whereon sd. George dwells, etc., etc 5 Dec 1749.
- Notes: This land record was originally published in "VirginiaCountyRecords - Spotsylvania County, 1721-1800, Volume I" edited byWilliamArmstrong Crozier.
- 2. Benjamin Carter moved from Spotsylvania County, Virginia, towhatis now Chester County, South Carolina, in 1766, receiving hisfirst land grant from King George III 150 acres on Caney Fork of SandyRiver,bearing date of Feb 19, 1767. Benjamin Carter received anadditional grant for 400 acres on Bowers Mill branch of Sandy River onAug 23, 1774.
- Benjamin Carter enlisted in the Patriot Army on Apr 1, 1777, andserved in the Third Regiment. In 1778, Benjamin Carter served underCapt. George Lidell, and in 1779, served under Capt. John C. Smith andCol Thomson. Benjamin Carter was severely wounded in the battle atStono under Capt Richard Brown and Col Thomson of the Third Regiment.BenjaminCarter was discharged on Dec 31, 1781.
- Data Changed:
- Date: 29 May 2010
- Time: 01:00:00
- Date: 29 May 2010
Prior to import, this record was last changed 01:00:00 29 May 2010.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Benjamin's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.