- Thomas Carter Jr.'s Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Born on the 4th day of June 1672 betw’n 3 & 4 aclock
in ye Morng and was Baptzd att ye new Church Augt 5th. Captn John Lee, Mr Th: Hayne, ye Lady Ann Skipworth & Elizh Dale godparts.
Thomas inherited Barford Plantation, the family home of his father.
Children, 8 sons:
Death and Legacy
Thomas made his will on April 24, 1728 and died September 30, 1733 at Barford, Lancaster, Virginia, and his will was probated on October 10, 1733.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Mourning Carter Walker Family Bible In possession of Agnes Elizabeth Walker Day
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Carter, Thomas, Kathy Schultz, submitter, Prayer Book of Captain Thomas Carter of Barford, Lancaster County, VA Original Prayer Book at Virginia Historical Society, Richmond, Virginia, USGW Archives.net, accessed October 6, 2014
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Miller, Joseph L., The descendants of Capt. Thomas Carter of "Barford," Lancaster County, Virginia: with genealogical notes of many of the allied families, (Pages 100, 104-105) Thomas, WV: J.L. Miller, 1912, Web accessed October 6, 2014
- The Historical Register by Edwin Charles Hill.
- Ancestry Family Trees, Ancestry Family Trees, Ancestry Family Trees Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Thomas's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Jack Templeton, Darrell Abbey, and Cindy Carter. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On February 12, 2014 at 23:24GMT Robin Lee wrote:
On January 8, 2014 at 15:29GMT Ed Rogers wrote:
There was a Thomas Carter 'Isle of Wright Va.' who a lot of people think was the brother of John Carter the 1st. His son Thomas 2nd kept the accounts of Robert'King' Carter and was the administer of his will. I believe this is your Thomas Carter.