- Thomas Carter Jr.'s Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Born on the 4th day of June 1672 betw’n 3 & 4 aclock
in ye Morng and was Baptzd att ye new Church Augt 5th. Captn John Lee, Mr Th: Hayne, ye Lady Ann Skipworth & Elizh Dale godparts.
Thomas inherited Barford Plantation, the family home of his father.
Children, 8 sons:
Death and Legacy
Thomas made his will on April 24, 1728 and died September 30, 1733 at Barford, Lancaster, Virginia, and his will was probated on October 10, 1733.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Mourning Carter Walker Family Bible In possession of Agnes Elizabeth Walker Day
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Carter, Thomas, Kathy Schultz, submitter, Prayer Book of Captain Thomas Carter of Barford, Lancaster County, VA Original Prayer Book at Virginia Historical Society, Richmond, Virginia, USGW Archives.net, accessed October 6, 2014
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Miller, Joseph L., The descendants of Capt. Thomas Carter of "Barford," Lancaster County, Virginia: with genealogical notes of many of the allied families, (Pages 100, 104-105) Thomas, WV: J.L. Miller, 1912, Web accessed October 6, 2014
- The Historical Register by Edwin Charles Hill.
- Ancestry Family Trees, Ancestry Family Trees, Ancestry Family Trees Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Thomas by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share significant DNA with Thomas:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Jack Templeton, Darrell Abbey, and Cindy Carter. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On February 12, 2014 at 23:24GMT Robin Lee wrote:
On January 8, 2014 at 15:29GMT Ed Rogers wrote:
There was a Thomas Carter 'Isle of Wright Va.' who a lot of people think was the brother of John Carter the 1st. His son Thomas 2nd kept the accounts of Robert'King' Carter and was the administer of his will. I believe this is your Thomas Carter.