- Josie (Carter) Hoyt's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
 Josie Bell HOYT, 92, died Aug. 12, 2000, at her Longview home.
She was born March 2, 1908, in Taloga, Okla., one of Harvey and Elda (SMITH) CARTER's nine children and moved to the local area in 1935.
She attended Oklahoma A & M University and taught schoolin that area for a few years. She was a longtime member of the Moose Lodge and Grandmas club. She enjoyed gardening, sewing, quilting, and bowling.
She was preceded in death by her husband Homer S. HOYT in 1971 and two grandchildren.
Survivors include a son, Onis HOYT of Longview; three daughters, Gayle WILSON of Olympia, JoAnn BOWMAN of Lummi Island, Wash., and Evyonne ZANDI of Longview; a brother, Keith CARTER of Tulsa, Okla.; seven grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
 Longview Daily News-Longview, WA August 16, 2000
Thanks to Homer Hopper for starting this profile.
Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Homer and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Josie's ancestors' mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Josie is 21 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 51 degrees from Anne Frank, 23 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 29 degrees from Abraham Stoker and 22 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.