- Isaac Carter's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: American Revolution | American Revolution Veterans | 7th North Carolina Regiment | Battle of Brandywine Creek | Battle of Germantown | Battle of Monmouth | 1st North Carolina Regiment | Battle of Eutaw Springs | Wounded in Action | NSSAR Patriot Ancestors.
|Event years 1773-1789|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the 1776 Project!
Isaac Carter was born in Cumberland County, North Carolina. He had no record of his birth, but believed he was born in or near the year 1764. His ancestry is still unknown, although some serious research is being done right now. It was believed that he had a brother named Samuel Carter.
Isaac enlisted with the Army of the United States on February 5, 1777 with Colonel Hogan After seeing action at Brandywine, Germantown, Mommoth, and Valley Forge the army moved south he and was discharged at a place called Lockhart's folly, about thirty miles southeast of Wilmington, North Carolina. After a short time, he reinlisted again as a balloted substitute and served another year. He was wounded in the arm at Eutau Springs. He was discharged near Charleston, South Carolina. To see a transcript of Isaac Carter's Revolutionary War Pension Application, check The Revolutionary War Soldiers section on the Pike County, MS GenWeb Home Page.
- Name: Isaac /Carter/
- Date: 1764
- Place: Cumberland, Cumberland, North Carolina, United States
- Date: 24 Mar 1834
- Place: Chatawa, Pike, Mississippi, United States
- The Carter Family by Kim Carter Stewart
- Source: S-1590069079 Repository: #R-2141739429 Title: U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970 Publication: Ancestry.com. U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011. APID: 1,2204::0
- The Carters of Mississippi
- Mostly Mississippi Database Compiled by Shannon Gorman
56th-77th Annual Reports DAR. Senate documents (United States Congress, Senate). Government Printing Office: Washington, DC. Pension Number: *S8147. <http://patriot.sar.org/fmi/iwp/cgi?-db=Grave%20Registry&-loadframesreferences />
Thank you to Michelle Bairfield for creating WikiTree profile Carter-8545 through the import of Strain Family Tree(1).ged on Oct 7, 2013. Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Michelle and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Isaac's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On June 16, 2015 at 23:41GMT Jerry Carter wrote:
Isaac is 21 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 23 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 50 degrees from Lisa Kudrow, 29 degrees from Kurt Vonnegut and 22 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.