- Abraham Childers Jr.'s Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
|This person settled in the US Southern Colonies Prior to incorporation into the USA.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the US Southern Colonies Project!
Abraham was born in 1655. He passed away in 1693.
- 2 Xbris [December] 1678 - Abraham Childers, in the matter of a horse race between Abraham Womock and Richard Ligon, deposed that he was about 23 years of age. (Born about 1655.)
- 2 August 1680, recorded - Witness to sale of land from Robert Sharpe of Henrico Co. to Henry Pew [father-in-law].
- 20 November 1680 - "Abraham Childres of Henrico Co., for a plantation belonging to John Pleasants at Four Mile Creek, of 548 acres, plus 900 lbs tobacco, the plantation I live on, part to him now and rest at my mother's death, 141 acres, it being the whole plantation purchased by my father Abraham Childres of Maj. William Harris, and given me by his will, on north side of James River. Dated 20 Nov, 1680. Wit: Robt. (RS) Sharpe, Robt. (RE) Evans. Signed: Abraham Childers; recorded 10 Feb. 1680/81." Note: Abraham's father died in 1679 and his mother about 1 February 1680/81, just before this transfer was recorded.
- 1 December 1680 - "William Harris of Curles, Henrico Co., for 1 bill to be paid, sells to Abrah Childres of Curles, Henrico Co., a parcel of land he lives on on the river on lower side of Morgan's landing. 28 Feb. 1656. Signed: Wm Harris. It was agreed that Ja. Robinson enjoy his part of the land. 2 March 1656. Wit: John Epes, Tho. Ligon. Signed: Ab. (T) Childers."
- "I, Abraham Childres, son of Abrah Childres, dec'd, for one tract of land had of John Pleasants, sell him the plantation I live on. John Pleasants land is 548 acres in fork of Four Mile Creek, 548 acres. I quit claim to the land purchased by my father of William Harris, and left to me by his will. Dated 10 Feb. 1680/81. Wit: John Huddlesee, Barth. (B) Roberts. Signed: Abraham Childres. Recorded 10 Dec. 1681. Anne, wife of Abraham Childres, relinquished her dower rights. 1 Dec. 1681. Signed: Anne (+) Childres."
- 20 February 1681 - "Bond of Abraham Childres, son and heir of Abraham Childres, dec'd, of Henrico Co., to John Pleasants, 10,000 lbs tobacco, in deed of land from Childres to Pleasants, being land on north side of James River at lower end of Curles, 90 acres, purchased of Maj. William Harris. Wit: John Huddlesee, Tho. (+) Huddlesey. Signed: Abraham Childers"
- 20 August 1686 - Philemon Childers, for good love and affection, to my cozens: Abraham, Henry and Robert, sons of Abraham Childers, give to said Abraham for his three sons 1 grey sorrel mare, the mare and increase to be divided among them when they are 21. Signed: Phil'm (mark) Childers
- 13 November 1687 - Edward Mathews and Samuel Mathews of Henrico Co., sold to Abraham Childers 135 acres, "part of a tract granted to Capt. Edward Mathews, dec'd, by patent for 1536 acres on north side of Four Mile Creek, the 135 being next to Pollys Spring." Recorded 1 Dec. 1687
- ↑ The Edward Pleasants Valentine Papers; published by The Valentine Museum, Richmond, Virginia; Vol. 3, 1773
- ↑ Weisiger, Benjamin B. III, Comp; Henrico County, Virginia Deeds 1677-1705; Richmond, Virginia, 1986. p 8
- ↑ Weisiger 1986, p 9
- ↑ Weisiger 1986, p 15
- ↑ Weisiger 1986, p 16
- ↑ Weisiger 1986, p 35
- ↑ Weisiger 1986, p 45
Additional Information for Abraham CHILDERS Citing This Record "Pedigree Resource File," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/2:2:9Z4T-ZNF : accessed 2015-03-05), entry for Abraham CHILDERS, submitted by ldaiutolo2809541. Submissionsubmission id:MM95-B9W contributor:ldaiutolo2809541 date:1/13/2004 person count:25061
Citing This Record "Pedigree Resource File," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/2:2:SPJ7-LZ8 : accessed 2015-03-05), entry for Abraham /CHILDRES/ II. Submissionsubmission id:MMSL-77B contributor: date:5/10/2011 person count:36177
- Abraham Childers in the U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900
Name: Abraham Childers Gender: Male Birth Place: VA Birth Year: 1655 Spouse Name: Anne Pugh Spouse Birth Place: VA Spouse Birth Year: 1655 Marriage Year: 1675 Marriage State: VA Number Pages: 1
- Abraham Childers in the Family Data Collection - Births
Name: Abraham Childers Father: Abraham Childers Birth Date: 1655 City: Henrico State: VA Country: USA
- Abraham Childers in the Family Data Collection - Individual Records
Name: Abraham Childers Spouse: Ann Pew Parents: Abraham Childers Birth Place: Henrico, VA Birth Date: 1655 Death Place: VA Death Date: 1692
- Created through the import of Lynch-Tree.ged on 06 August 2010.
- Childers-127 created through the import of Lea and Randol and Ely and Si.ged on May 31, 2011 by Maude Randol.
- Childers-149 created through the import of My Ancerstors.ged on Jul 2, 2011 by Mike Snider.
- Childers-222 created through the import of Davidson_Fink.ged on Sep 26, 2011 by Shayne Davidson.
- Chad Riggs, firsthand knowledge.
- Created through the import of Shortened files.ged on 30 December 2010.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Abraham's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Shirley Dalton, Loretta Leger, Katherine Patterson, Charlie Varnell, Shayne Davidson, Chris Jackson, Bob Fields, and Chad Riggs. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On July 4, 2015 at 18:50GMT Robin Lee wrote:
On March 6, 2015 at 22:07GMT Bob Fields wrote: