- David (Christoffelssen) Christoffelse's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
|David (Christoffelssen) Christoffelse was a New Netherland Settler.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the New Netherland Settlers Project!
- Name: David* /Davidts/ 
- ABT 1650
- Husband: David* Davidts
- Wife: Rachel Jans
- Child: Andries Davidts
- Child: ?Thomas Davidts
- Child: ?Geertruy Davidts
- Marriage: Date: ABT 1670
References in Albany Court Minutes
- "Monsieur R. V. Rensselaer, plaintiff, against Davidt Christoffelssen, defendant." 
- "David Christoffelse, being sworn, says that 14 days ago he had some grain ground and that it was good meal and that he baked white bread and biscuits with it and was well satisfied with it, but he says that he was not satisfied with the miller, because he did not grind in time and would not accommodate him when he needed the meal, but he has never made any complaint." 
- "David Christoffelse, plaintiff, against Lambert Janse, defendant." AJF van Laer, Minutes of the Court: Of Albany, Rensselaerswyck and Schenectady, 1680-1685</ref>
Davidt Christoffelse and his wife and four children were slain on February 9, 1690 during the sacking and burning of Schenectady.
- ↑ Source: #S356 Page: Vol. III, pp. 23-28
- ↑ Arnold J. F. van Laer. Minutes of the Court of Albany, Rensselaerswyck and Schenectady, 1668-1673. Vol. I. Albany: University of the State of New York, 1926. p. 183.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 AJF van Laer, Minutes of the Court: Of Albany, Rensselaerswyck and Schenectady, 1680-1685
- ↑ Pearson, Jonathan. Contributions for the genealogies of the descendants of the first settlers of the patent and city of Schenectady, from 1662 to 1800 (1873). page 36.
- Van Laer, Arnold J. F. Minutes of the Court: Of Albany, Rensselaerswyck and Schenectady, 1680-1685. Vol. III. Albany, New York: University of the State of New York, 1932. p. 192, 239, 422, 445.
- NJGS. "Davids." njgsbc.org. Accessed 13 Jun 2016. http://njgsbc.org/files/BCFamilies/BCFam-Davids.pdf PDF
- Pearson, Prof. Jonathan. "A History of the Schenectady Patent in the Dutch and English Times 9: Burning of Schenectady: David Christoffelse." schenectadyhistory.org. Accessed 27 Jun 2016. http://www.schenectadyhistory.org/resources/patent/09.html
- Pearson, Prof. Jonathan. "A History of the Schenectady Patent in the Dutch and English Times 7: Adult Freeholders — Davidt Christoffelse." schenectadyhistory.org. Accessed 27 Jun 2016. http://www.schenectadyhistory.org/resources/patent/christoffelse.html
- Source S356 Settlers of the Beekman Patent. Frank J. Doherty. Publication: Frank J. Doherty, Pleasant Valley, NY 12569, ongoing
- Ancestry Family Trees. Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members.
- WikiTree profile Davis-11860 created through the import of davisfamilytree-1.ged on Sep 1, 2012 by Rich Davis. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Rich and others.
- This person was created through the import of MASTER2011WIKITREE.GED on 27 January 2011.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of David's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 27 Jun 2016 at 23:25 GMT Carrie Quackenbush wrote:
On 29 Oct 2014 at 19:05 GMT Scott Bilyou wrote:
This same source also has his father still living in Beverwyck/Albany in 1657. I would recommend the location of his birth be changed from Kingston to Albany, if you agree.
David is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 18 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 21 degrees from Michael Phelps, 25 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 13 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.