- User ID: 712D1BDA23D72B40A7C3E45706364ACDF0C1
- Data Changed:
- Date: 12 Dec 2004
- Time: 00:00:00
- Date: 12 Dec 2004
Prior to import, this record was last changed 00:00:00 12 Dec 2004.
- WikiTree profile Clapp-278 created through the import of most.recent.ged on Jul 23, 2011 by Norman Perry. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Norman and others.
U.S. General Land Office Land Patent dated May 1831. Legal description: North east quarter of Section One in Township Seven of Range three east, in the district of lands subject to sale at Huntsville, Alabama containing One hundred sixty one acres, and fifty-hundredths of an acre. Land sold to William Clapp.
U.S. General Land Office Survey dated 1822, showing location of Honeycomb Creek, and section one in extreme northeast corner of map, shaded in yellow. See attached illustration, Surveyor's Plat Honey Comb Valley.
Geneology records (1935-1972) of Ethel Perry Moore, 1902-1975.
Alabama Records, Vol 65, Marshall county compiled by Pauline Jones Gandrud
Correspondence with Rosemarie Langley.
The Heritage of Marshall County, Alabama (2000), p. 80, 228 (SOURCE: Rosemarie Langley (FamilySearch.org))
Letter from Mrs. M. P. Bettis, Montgomery, Alabama, June 26, 1956.
Letter written to Ethel Perry Moore dated November 17, 1958, by Nina Olsen, Granddaughter of Benjamin Lynn Clapp.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with William by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with William:
- Norman Perry : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A054758, Ancestry member perryna + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch A054758, FTDNA kit #426116
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
William is 21 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 50 degrees from Anne Frank, 21 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 22 degrees from Abraham Stoker and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.